Is my channel growth slow?

velocity

YTtalk Mad
I've been running this channel now for 5 months and have 306 subs with 37,000 video views. My subs have increased over time, the first month was the slowest by far, only getting 7 I believe but it still doesn't seem fast enough for me to get anywhere with the channel ever? It seems channels only get anywhere or big if they increase fast enough at the beginning?

Secondly, for having almost 40,000 views 306 subs seems like a bad ratio?

Just looking for some feedback and how the channel is doing really? Sometimes it seems like all these countless hours could be for nothing.

That really isn't bad having 300+ subs and 37,000+ views, alot of channels are very slow at growing, we are not out there as much as the big youtubers but as long as you keep sticking to what your doing, you will continue to grow in no time, i currently have 46 subs and im super happy about it, it might not seem alot but im truly grateful for every sub, view, comment etc, the way i look at it is, every view, good or bad feedback or sub is some growth in the channel because it all builds up eventually :D just keep going at your pace and sooner or later, you will be where you want to be :D good luck!

That really isn't bad having 300+ subs and 37,000+ views, alot of channels are very slow at growing, we are not out there as much as the big youtubers but as long as you keep sticking to what your doing, you will continue to grow in no time, i currently have 46 subs and im super happy about it, it might not seem alot but im truly grateful for every sub, view, comment etc, the way i look at it is, every view, good or bad feedback or sub is some growth in the channel because it all builds up eventually :D just keep going at your pace and sooner or later, you will be where you want to be :D good luck!

I know some channels barely even have 100 in my time but I figured with my experience with video editing and photoshop I would be further along by now. I'm at that point now where I've put too much in to stop now but also feel like I'm wasting my time continuing, it's disheartening.

I know some channels barely even have 100 in my time but I figured with my experience with video editing and photoshop I would be further along by now. I'm at that point now where I've put too much in to stop now but also feel like I'm wasting my time continuing, it's disheartening.
exactly! the thing is, try and not let it get to you, try and keep pushing, the more videos you produce and put out there, share them around twitter, facebook, instagram etc, more people are gonna find you and see what great potential you actually have! if you keep going, more people are gonna keep coming to you, no matter how long it takes :D

exactly! the thing is, try and not let it get to you, try and keep pushing, the more videos you produce and put out there, share them around twitter, facebook, instagram etc, more people are gonna find you and see what great potential you actually have! if you keep going, more people are gonna keep coming to you, no matter how long it takes :D

Anything obvious you think maybe stopping my growth from being higher?

Your style is fine, i just think you need to share your videos more to help people discover you.

Thanks. I do actually promote my videos a fair amount, pretty anywhere I can really e.g. social media, reddit, forums etc. I seem to get decent views generally, they just don't translate into as many subs as you would think.

Your performing at a decent range. it could be better but just be enjoy what you're doing. Not many people get this far. REMEMBER THAT. You are you. No one can change that!

Your performing at a decent range. it could be better but just be enjoy what you're doing. Not many people get this far. REMEMBER THAT. You are you. No one can change that!

Apparently I'm on 160 subs in the last month so if it stays at that I'm happy with that growth. The initial first 2 months were by far the slowest with less than 20 in total.

Back