Is mobile gaming a good startup?

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Guys :)

I have decided that I want to expand my old gaming channel which I left behind a couple of months ago due to lost interest and little potential for me to gain awareness on the market.

Now I am back again with a new plan so instead of getting started with making cod videos and bf1 which is pretty big topics on youtube I have decided I want to start small gaining awareness in the mobile game area. I know the market isn't as big but that also means less competition and a chance for me to show what I offer :thumbsup2: but yet again it also depends on what kind of mobile games you play I have seen many channels dedicated to clash of clans or boom beach which has millions of subscribers but don't think I will go that way.

My plan is to focus more on playstation games.
As I start to gain more new subscribers I will do some bf1 videos as well ;)

Is there anyone who has mobile game channels and can tell me about the potential in the market?
What would your strategy be for a startup?

Thanks for taking your time to read my post :D

Ohh! by the way I am also making videos about cars in case you click on my link so you don't get confused :p

FirstOrderEntertainment

Lama Dictator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator, Other
I think that is a great idea to start and if u get good at that people will sub and it will take some time to get good at some mobile games but there is a chance they will get big for one of the games I recommend like the prop hunt games that might get u some veiws good luck :)

Reactions: Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that is a great idea to start and if u get good at that people will sub and it will take some time to get good at some mobile games but there is a chance they will get big for one of the games I recommend like the prop hunt games that might get u some veiws good luck :)
Thanks for the advice I checked the game you recommended it actually looks interesting and different.
Have you heard about reincarnation?

Thats a fun game too but not so sure how big the interest about it is :wideyed2:

soldatcat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly it doesn't matter what kind of games you play or what you play it on, there's so many different consoles and so many different fanbases people are bound to just hop onto your channel as long as its not fakey :) and probably play some of the recently released games (reviews maybe?)

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly it doesn't matter what kind of games you play or what you play it on, there's so many different consoles and so many different fanbases people are bound to just hop onto your channel as long as its not fakey :) and probably play some of the recently released games (reviews maybe?)
I have actually been thinking about making reviews but problem is that I am not such a good talker I have to stop when I get nervous and forget what to say so I think a script where I write some keynotes down that I can use would be good to begin with so I don't get stocked and have to start over :)

I have made some videos about far cry primal and battlefield hardline but they didn't bring me much/anything because of the high competition and playstation is one of the most popular consoles and thats not making the competition smaller unfortunately :(

But I think some sort of review site would be good I don't think I have seen anyone do that before I mean not in a high professional way but more in a fun way which I am also aiming to bring a bit of into my videos so I don't loose my viewers attention ;)

soldatcat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's definitely something to look into anyways :) and yeah I get the whole talking part iam awful at that and tend to just spew random crap but once you know what your doing and have an idea about what you want to say you'll do amazing :)

And yeah the PlayStation content side of YouTube is an extremely difficult thing to get into because of how many people do it but the more you post and put your videos out there your name will get known, hell maybe even try collab with a few channels it should help a bit :)

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's definitely something to look into anyways :) and yeah I get the whole talking part iam awful at that and tend to just spew random crap but once you know what your doing and have an idea about what you want to say you'll do amazing :)

And yeah the PlayStation content side of YouTube is an extremely difficult thing to get into because of how many people do it but the more you post and put your videos out there your name will get known, hell maybe even try collab with a few channels it should help a bit :)
Thanks for your understanding I am glad to hear I am not the only one with this haha :laugh2:

I heard from a guy in here who told me that doing collabs with a youtube network wasn't the best idea and many of the big channels today started out themselves :unsure:

soldatcat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nah I mean like other small youtubers just leave a comment on their videos maybe :) anyways whatever way it works for you is how you should do it! Don't let people influence your choice to much :) often the more unique you are, the better :)

FirstOrderEntertainment

Lama Dictator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator, Other
I h
Thanks for the advice I checked the game you recommended it actually looks interesting and different.
Have you heard about reincarnation?

Thats a fun game too but not so sure how big the interest about it is :wideyed2:
ave never heard of it but will check it out

Reactions: Oliver Andersen