• Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Is licensed stock footage considered "reused content"

trumpdayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
To whom it may concern,
My channel was recently demonetized for reused content* approx 1 month ago & I appealed via live chat after wiping my library considering how vague the suspension was on "reused content"... My question is would you consider commercially licensed stock footage reused content or not? Trying to determine whether or not it's eligible for monetization due to the latest guidelines.

Last edited:

sarahja

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, I'm not experienced here and can't see your channel or videos to really say however the way I read it is that it is an update but also a decision. I completely understand your confusion but they have quite clearly outlined what is expected to get your videos monetised. You must meet the 3 criteria points below.

As a participant in the YouTube Partner Program, you must meet several content quality guidelines.
We’ve included some examples of content that don’t meet these standards, because it’s seen as reused content.
This is content that doesn’t provide significant original commentary, or educational value. It may also mean that we’ve identified that large portions of your channel either completely match other content, or are noticeably similar. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:

If you want to create content that can be monetized, here are some best practices:

• Add commentary or show your presence in your videos (voice or on screen)
  • Link back to your YouTube channel from your website
  • Provide more context about your work in your video and channel descriptions
Make sure the content on your channel aligns with our policies.
Hopefully someone with some experience can shed further light for you but the way I see it is that you must meet those 3 points in order to have your videos monetised. I don't know if your videos did or didn't before you removed them however if they did, I would be writting back asking them for further info.

Good luck!

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Sorry I am finding this thread so late. If the OP could either tell us his/her channel name, or link it in their profile, I could have a look at the remaining content. I believe I've seen this ID on the Support Community and may actually have responded there; I am sorry that if I did, my response may not have been taken seriously.

By deleting all but two of your videos, you have also brought your Watch Time Hours far below the required 4000 in 365 days; and so must build up to that level again before you will be eligible for review. Please take the AdSense Content Quality Guidelines quoted by the team you wrote to seriously; as infringing these is the base reason people are getting both demonetized upon review as existing partner channels, and refusal of membership to the YPP upon initial application.

trumpdayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

trumpdayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sorry I am finding this thread so late. If the OP could either tell us his/her channel name, or link it in their profile, I could have a look at the remaining content. I believe I've seen this ID on the Support Community and may actually have responded there; I am sorry that if I did, my response may not have been taken seriously.

By deleting all but two of your videos, you have also brought your Watch Time Hours far below the required 4000 in 365 days; and so must build up to that level again before you will be eligible for review. Please take the AdSense Content Quality Guidelines quoted by the team you wrote to seriously; as infringing these is the base reason people are getting both demonetized upon review as existing partner channels, and refusal of membership to the YPP upon initial application.
No, that's incorrect..I was well over the watch time minimum by hundreds of thousands of hours & already applied shortly after deleting majority of the content on my channel.
Watch hours in the previous 12 months..i'm now awaiting review & modifying my channel & style in the meantime.
4,000 needed for review

Also this is my channel..the link in my profile is invalid & I was unable to update it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfHVtawgxz6bs5wOn928KQ

Last edited:

Vedstedsen

The Escapist Project
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are some examples of content that would be removed for duplication?

• Appears to be automatically generated

• Pulled from third party sources with no content or narrative added by the creator
You might fall in somewhere between these. I agree it's vague and some of my first videos where stock video with some text. Ie ''Top 10 Destinations you must visit XXXX''.

I don't think either of us have added enough narrative or originality to the third party content.

trumpdayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What are some examples of content that would be removed for duplication?

• Appears to be automatically generated

• Pulled from third party sources with no content or narrative added by the creator
You might fall in somewhere between these. I agree it's vague and some of my first videos where stock video with some text. Ie ''Top 10 Destinations you must visit XXXX''.

I don't think either of us have added enough narrative or originality to the third party content.
I suppose it's time to hire a narrator from fiverr then lol

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
No, that's incorrect..I was well over the watch time minimum by hundreds of thousands of hours & already applied shortly after deleting majority of the content on my channel.
Watch hours in the previous 12 months..i'm now awaiting review & modifying my channel & style in the meantime.
4,000 needed for review

Also this is my channel..the link in my profile is invalid & I was unable to update it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfHVtawgxz6bs5wOn928KQ
The monetization page will still show all of your watch time but it will be showing an incorrect readout. I say again, If you've dropped below 4,000 hours (and there is indeed a possibility you haven't; but you certainly won't have the number you copied from your monetization page), you will not be reviewed until you have broken the 4000 watch time in 365 days threshold again.

I don't think my Gold Level Product Expert Mentor would have given me incorrect information, though I am only a Silver Level Product Expert