Is it Wrong when YouTubers use Their Kids in Videos?

KYCnick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
They're their kids. As long as they're not putting them in danger or exposing them in a negative way, they can do whatever they want with them.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
For those criticizing using kids on youtube, I think a lot of it is rooted in jealousy. There are many inappropriate channels that clearly are exploiting the kids. Toy Freaks comes to mind. Then there are channels like RyanToyReviews, Haileysmagicalplayhouse, theEngineeringfamily, FunFactory, etc that are clearly doing it the right way. If you can earn a living playing with your kids and getting free toys to review, that is pretty amazing. Just make sure you are not putting inappropriate stuff on the internet or forcing your kid to do something gross/nasty because you know it will get views.

Reactions: chottom

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think it can be wrong, but not necessarily.
Like, those awful "family vlog" channels that bank on their kids to make them money, or those toy channels where the parents have their kids opening toys on video. It's just so creepy.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think it can be wrong, but not necessarily.
Like, those awful "family vlog" channels that bank on their kids to make them money, or those toy channels where the parents have their kids opening toys on video. It's just so creepy.
How is it creepy? Maybe because you're no longer a child yourself, it's harder to connect to that type of content. I wouldn't watch Blues Clues today and expect it to be the best thing in the world. You're simply not the targeted audience.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
How is it creepy? Maybe because you're no longer a child yourself, it's harder to connect to that type of content. I wouldn't watch Blues Clues today and expect it to be the best thing in the world. You're simply not the targeted audience.
No, it's just parents using their kids to get Youtube money. That's what's creepy.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
No, it's just parents using their kids to get Youtube money. That's what's creepy.
I never understood this argument. Because you coin it as "using their kids" should imply that it is a bad thing? If the kids genuinely enjoy being part of the video and the money brought in from the videos means more toys and hopefully a better life overall (pay for education, nicer house/neighborhood, better food, better savings account, etc), then what's wrong with that?

Reactions: JPSRose and chottom