Is it Wrong when YouTubers use Their Kids in Videos?

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It was not just innuendo. Often it was 1 to 1 copy of adult (18+) movies scripts - with the exactly same zooms, angles and so on of filming. Actually up to the appearance or Ryan ToysReview this was the only way to make kids channel viral.
But do not blame the parents - some of them must have been in desperate financial situation and/or on strong psychotropic drugs. I think the main culprit here is Google/YouTube which "failed" to notice that it created the biggest pedo-heaven on earth.
Actually this is why we usually ignore YouTube recommendations and we follow just our own rules when we make and upload movies (often opposite to what YT recommends).
In the beginning when my son was 3, we did some bath video where he's playing with toys in the bathtub but he's wearing bathing suit pant. It's not like a real bath video, I don't put soap and rinse it off his body and head. Then when there was a big trend of orbeez came, we did it too thinking nothing of it because there are many of other kids channel doing it and it just seem like kids are having fun playing with orbeez,slime...etc in the bathtub. Then after giving it some thought we can see how other adult can find it "sexual" so he's in fully cover bathing suit from top to bottom. Honesty as a parent, I never thought anything of it because I would get email from parents asking about the toys or where I got the Japanese surprise toys Bathbomb so they can get it for their kids! Kids just love playing in the bathtub with toys and these videos were meant for other 3years old kids. Now that he's 5, we stop doing those videos even thou to me they are harmless. I just think it was kinda mean to assume we did it for going viral purpose,desperate for views and money and knowingly that it was made sexual of our son. There are many other videos that beats bath videos in views by far from our channel!
I've also seen people talking about Toy Freak being a pedophile because some of the stuff that's going on in their videos. I just think it's wrong to assume that, he could just be having fun making videos with his daughters!

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Totally. Trending topics vary for different genres and to stay on top it's normal for channels to experiment with what's trending. It so happens to be anything but "mature" for kids channels. That may be a confusion some people have as why adults engage in childish behavior. I'm a grown woman with plenty of responsibilities but I'll dress up as Elsa racing hot wheels cars all day if it keeps my kids happy. To each its own as long as kids are safe and enjoy it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Totally. Trending topics vary for different genres and to stay on top it's normal for channels to experiment with what's trending. It so happens to be anything but "mature" for kids channels. That may be a confusion some people have as why adults engage in childish behavior. I'm a grown woman with plenty of responsibilities but I'll dress up as Elsa racing hot wheels cars all day if it keeps my kids happy. To each its own as long as kids are safe and enjoy it.
Totally Agree![DOUBLEPOST=1482278133,1482277902][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey!

Big YouTubers like RomaAtwood, Shaytards, and others use their kids in their videos all the time. But have you ever thought that it might not be the best idea? Casey Neistat mentioned that he wouldn't show his daughter's face anymore so she could grow up with a normal life.

Do you think Tubers should let their kids grow up and decide, not do it at all, or do you think it's totally okay?
Up to parents 100%.. if you don't like it then don't watch it :) Most kids and parent are just having fun, which is what these kids channels are all about.

Action Toys Fun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Some kids toy channels have their kids talking in the background but do not have them on camera at all.
Although we've often thought that our channel might be much more popular with at least one of our kids in our videos, we have decided to grow our toy related channel without having one of our children as the star of the show, until the time comes when it may be something they decide they want to do. Still, if that time comes, we would go about this with caution and careful consideration for the safety and well-being of our child. So rather than simply filming one of our children playing with a toy, or doing a particular activity, our approach focuses and features different toys and fictional toy characters by combining creative editing, stop motion, fun costumes, etc. Our goal, of course is to make videos that will be enjoyed, and these videos are very challenging and time consuming to make.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey!

Big YouTubers like RomaAtwood, Shaytards, and others use their kids in their videos all the time. But have you ever thought that it might not be the best idea? Casey Neistat mentioned that he wouldn't show his daughter's face anymore so she could grow up with a normal life.

Do you think Tubers should let their kids grow up and decide, not do it at all, or do you think it's totally okay?
I feel you, it's kinda like how "showbiz" sometimes can ruin a kids life.

Hermitt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I personally see not problem with it. I Believe it's completely the parents choice, and as long as they hold the best intentions for their children, it's alright. It's kinda like your parents telling one of your stories of you growing up, with a much larger crowd to listen.

LjandAaronTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't see any problem with that. As parent, we all know all the consequences by posting videos of our kids. Before we start our Youtube channel, I asked my eldest (daughter) if she likes me to film them and upload it on Youtube. And she said, its ok with her and she'll be happy watching their own videos. So I had a permission of my kids posting videos of them online. But offcourse you must be mindful, that you'll video will be receiving hates/bad comment. And offcourse we cannot please everybody to watch your videos.

And by posting videos of your kids is one of the treasured moment for us (parents). So when they grow up, they will see their baby faces. :)

JPSRose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My daughter is two and I've brought her along to some of my VR/360 filming locations already. I had reservations about including her but in the end I thought that ultimately she (or myself) aren't the main focus of the videos anyway. It gives us something to do while I'm looking after her during the days anyway, and she enjoys visiting different places. If anything, having something going on in the foreground adds something to 360 video I think. Not that it matters either way really, I doubt I'm ever going to get thousands of subscribers.

Kevinsmak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally have been scared to put my son on my channel. I did once for a ten second "happy holidays' segment at the end of a video that most probably didn't even see because he has been begging me to be on a video. He was so excited about it. Now he keeps asking can I be in this video? It's interesting to read what people are saying, I just keep thinking about the hate I get at times and don't want to expose him to that but if he is that excited about doing it maybe I'll try it once.

Reactions: Action Toys Fun