Is it worth to reboot a dying channel?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you did not use Adwords coupon then use it on this channel and see how it will help. On the new channel you will need to work to get monetization on by getting 10K views and it is a lot of work that you already did on your main channel.So, opening new channel in the current situation with algo is not the best choice IMHO.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did you tried the adwords coupon? How did it help? We tried paying ads in facebook but its just doing nothing so we stopped doing it.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Did you tried the adwords coupon? How did it help? We tried paying ads in facebook but its just doing nothing so we stopped doing it.
Yes I did. You are getting 100 dollar in ads for 25 bucks and returning 10 dollars with earning from the ads= 15 dollars investment for 10K in views. This helps to take sterss little bit down for short time without large spending.Paying full price for ads is expensive and would not bring you results unless you willing to spend at least 100 dollars per video or more. Che out history of my posts I wrote a lot about it and do not want to repeat myself. :)

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
If I understood this thread correctly it's a bad idea to try to keep and/or grow and OLD channel if this old channel is barely getting any views on majority of its video for several years? Because I'm in this situation... and I'm now really confused if I should have simply started a new channel from scratch rather than trying to use old channel :(

The ONLY reason I'm hanging onto old channel is because it has had almost 40,000 views because ONE video I posted 7 months ago got a lot of views but those view are NOT helping my channel because it;s not bringing in people t see my new content being posted.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I understood this thread correctly it's a bad idea to try to keep and/or grow and OLD channel if this old channel is barely getting any views on majority of its video for several years? Because I'm in this situation... and I'm now really confused if I should have simply started a new channel from scratch rather than trying to use old channel :(

The ONLY reason I'm hanging onto old channel is because it has had almost 40,000 views because ONE video I posted 7 months ago got a lot of views but those view are NOT helping my channel because it;s not bringing in people t see my new content being posted.
You are lucky to get 40k virws

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's a big decision, so before giving my 2 cents worth of input, I had a little look at your channel.

First point, all your comments on the last few vids are s4s channels, this is supported by TB Channelytics for a few of those same videos:
6.00% Avg % Watched
16.0% Avg % Watched
20.0% Avg % Watched
14.0% Avg % Watched

You've been operating since Sep 25, 2016. Using s4s is a strategy one can use in the initial stages of channel growth to get to the 1-2k mark asap, but it must be aborted soon after. All it does is give you horrible % retention. The reason your videos are not being sent out wider is because the few initial views from s4sbers are not that great, and the AI basically concludes "well, loyal subscribers only watch 6-20%, it's unlikely that non-subscribers would watch any more, it's probably not a good video, let's put it in the corpus". Ie, video is dead. A few of those in sequence, and it's adios amigos.

So, get out of the s4s loops, and get real viewers. There's no point starting a new channel using the same strategy and heading down the same road. I had a post a few weeks ago about the 5 or 6 way to grow from the start (an answer to someone else), s4s is one way, it's something lots of kids/toys channels do for the first month or so to get past the psychological hurdle of 1k or 2k subs, but then it's time to bury that cat and move on. Try implementing some of those other ideas.

The most important thing from the Vidcon presentations this year was Yt is now focussed on viewer experience. Think of the experience the viewer has with your channel. That will determine success or failure. If most of your viewers are s4sbers, what is their experience telling the AI about your channel?

I would recommend stick with the current channel, get rid of the "please subscribe" intro, stop s4s views and get real viewers asap. Change the content to be more on trend - focus on what the viewer wants to watch. Look at the current leading trends, leading channels, and see what is drawing viewers in. Like all entertainment, you need to give viewers what they are hungry for. The AI algo currently has the mentality of a 4 year old child - give it bright, colorful, trendy topics it wants with lots of funny/sad/happy/scary whatever emotions.[DOUBLEPOST=1507247300,1507246950][/DOUBLEPOST]
channel is dying and killing by YTs new algo?
I also wanted to mention, the channel is not dying because of the algo, the channel is in its current state because of the experience that your viewers have with your channel. What I mentioned above, your viewers are s4sbers, and their experience with your channel (very low % watched), tells what to the algo? The algo then does what it does because of that, not the other way around...

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's a big decision, so before giving my 2 cents worth of input, I had a little look at your channel.

First point, all your comments on the last few vids are s4s channels, this is supported by TB Channelytics for a few of those same videos:
6.00% Avg % Watched
16.0% Avg % Watched
20.0% Avg % Watched
14.0% Avg % Watched

You've been operating since Sep 25, 2016. Using s4s is a strategy one can use in the initial stages of channel growth to get to the 1-2k mark asap, but it must be aborted soon after. All it does is give you horrible % retention. The reason your videos are not being sent out wider is because the few initial views from s4sbers are not that great, and the AI basically concludes "well, loyal subscribers only watch 6-20%, it's unlikely that non-subscribers would watch any more, it's probably not a good video, let's put it in the corpus". Ie, video is dead. A few of those in sequence, and it's adios amigos.

So, get out of the s4s loops, and get real viewers. There's no point starting a new channel using the same strategy and heading down the same road. I had a post a few weeks ago about the 5 or 6 way to grow from the start (an answer to someone else), s4s is one way, it's something lots of kids/toys channels do for the first month or so to get past the psychological hurdle of 1k or 2k subs, but then it's time to bury that cat and move on. Try implementing some of those other ideas.

The most important thing from the Vidcon presentations this year was Yt is now focussed on viewer experience. Think of the experience the viewer has with your channel. That will determine success or failure. If most of your viewers are s4sbers, what is their experience telling the AI about your channel?

I would recommend stick with the current channel, get rid of the "please subscribe" intro, stop s4s views and get real viewers asap. Change the content to be more on trend - focus on what the viewer wants to watch. Look at the current leading trends, leading channels, and see what is drawing viewers in. Like all entertainment, you need to give viewers what they are hungry for. The AI algo currently has the mentality of a 4 year old child - give it bright, colorful, trendy topics it wants with lots of funny/sad/happy/scary whatever emotions.[DOUBLEPOST=1507247300,1507246950][/DOUBLEPOST]

I also wanted to mention, the channel is not dying because of the algo, the channel is in its current state because of the experience that your viewers have with your channel. What I mentioned above, your viewers are s4sbers, and their experience with your channel (very low % watched), tells what to the algo? The algo then does what it does because of that, not the other way around...
Thanks for the advice. We already stopped the s4s months ago but those guys still comein and leave comments. If they did we just either pass it on or comment on their video if we like it. Do you think we should just ignore them or shut off the comments section?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score

6.00% Avg % Watched
16.0% Avg % Watched
20.0% Avg % Watched
14.0% Avg % Watched

Is it a good idea in that case to simply DELETE all old videos that barely got any views or is that of no benefit?

Reactions: KiddieToysReview
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
N
Is it a good idea in that case to simply DELETE all old videos that barely got any views or is that of no benefit?
No don’t delete it. Sometimes YT will have a rebump on those old videos. It depends also if a successful channel somewhat suggested one of your old videos. It happened to my channel once, an old video was being suggested by one channel that has more traffic than ours. You can do a 15-30min compilation of your old videos, group them as per topic or category then give it a new title.