Is it worth it?

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As important as quantity is the usage of right KEYWORDS. Put as many as you can think (but they need to be relevant to your content). And you just started your channel so you cannot expect to have views from sudden. I posted 80 videos in a period of 10 months and I still have on some videos average of 10-20 views when I just post them. So just be patient :)

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi. I hope I have this post in the right place.

Do you think it's worth posting every day or every other day if nobody is watching?
Quality over quantity, but if you don't give up, someone's gonna see it.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'd say if after 6 months of uploading regularly to YouTube, a channel isn't seeing some significant growth (by growth, I mean the daily number of views increasing), then it's unlikely going to happen ever. A channel doesn't have to blow up after 6 months, but the daily number of views should definitely be increasing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different resullts. :)

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I mean there's different ways to look at this question and I don't think one answer applies to every channel's situation.

I think daily uploads can be really good for growth, but only if you're making the right types of videos and spending a lot of time brainstorming ideas that you think will work or following what has already worked for you. If you upload what isn't working or low effort ideas you're probably just wasting your time.

I think the more videos you make the more chances you have for people to see you and help increase your influence and search rankings in your niche. I think this is true even if nobody is watching you however, I would really make sure that you think each video you upload has a chance to get you exposure. The quality needs to be at least "decent", and you need to have the right ideas for your videos. I also think uploading daily or as often as possible gives you a chance to see what works much more quickly than weekly uploads if you are starting from scratch. Again though, don't upload what people don't want to watch. Come up with a huge list of different ideas in your niche you think could be successful and just putting them out there and noting what does well gives you tools to work with and helps you learn how YouTube works.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say if after 6 months of uploading regularly to YouTube, a channel isn't seeing some significant growth (by growth, I mean the daily number of views increasing), then it's unlikely going to happen ever. A channel doesn't have to blow up after 6 months, but the daily number of views should definitely be increasing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different resullts. :)
This is the perfect answer, even including a good quote of Einstein :) If after 6 months of regular uploading still everything is dead, big growth will very likely not happen unless you change something radically in your approach. Change the content, better Tags/title/description, more aligned with trends, make it more professional, etc but "just keep uploading, viewers will come" is not realistic.

I also think many people put too much weight on people commenting how nice your videos are and think they are on the right track. Most of the time those comments come from people with channels and are just there to lure you into coming over to their channel (S4S) even if they don't ask for it (if the subscriber has a thumbnail, it's usually already an indication it's a channel commenting on your video looking for a S4S).Keep analyzing your data, watch how other channels grow in your niche, keep uploading at least once a week and keep trying to improve your videos (and analyse if the improvement had an effect or not).

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This is the perfect answer, even including a good quote of Einstein :) If after 6 months of regular uploading still everything is dead, big growth will very likely not happen unless you change something radically in your approach. Change the content, better Tags/title/description, more aligned with trends, make it more professional, etc but "just keep uploading, viewers will come" is not realistic.

I also think many people put too much weight on people commenting how nice your videos are and think they are on the right track. Most of the time those comments come from people with channels and are just there to lure you into coming over to their channel (S4S) even if they don't ask for it (if the subscriber has a thumbnail, it's usually already an indication it's a channel commenting on your video looking for a S4S).Keep analyzing your data, watch how other channels grow in your niche, keep uploading at least once a week and keep trying to improve your videos (and analyse if the improvement had an effect or not).

I agree with all of this too.

The problem most creators have is that they overestimate the quality of their content and underestimate the quality of other channels that are growing quicker than them. An important skill is being able to objectively judge your own content, using the top 5% of channels from the niche as the benchmark. It's no use thinking "My content is good" if everyone else's is better. :)

Reactions: KidsCorner

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For me it depends on the quality of the content. Uploading daily just for the sake of it might not be that good, if the quality suffers.
But that doesn´t mean you can´t have consistency! You can upload once or twice a week, on the same day, and keep up the quality of the videos!
It depends on how you want to run your channel, and it might also depend on what kind of channel you have, as we all know that gaming channels is hard to grow on!

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
If nobody is watching your content then you have to question it and ask yourself what the cause is that really no one or hardly anyone is watching your videos. Get TubeBuddy so it can help you out with SEO and stuff to make your videos searchable. But yeah, do update but don't blindly upload videos if you think no one will watch them, FIRST learn how to rank your videos higher and such, so that when you do upload that it wont be a waste of hard work. Imo invest in your YouTube algorithm knowledge first. I advice to look at Roberto Blake's videos and also Derral Eves' videos to really get the hang of it.

Lazy Nik

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It really depends on your style. I think you should be consistent with your uploads and try to improve quality as much as you can over time. Whether you upload daily, 3 days a week, once a month, as long as you are up to your schedule and you are improving - things will get better.