Is it worth it?

Just Ted

Hi. I hope I have this post in the right place.

Do you think it's worth posting every day or every other day if nobody is watching?

Well you need to post to actually have content for people to watch :p focus on the content your producing and how you are actually getting that content out into the world. Think of ways to make it look better and optimise it more, YouTube is always growing so there is always going to be more and more people uploading. Whatever suits your really but whatever way you decide to do it, make sure that your content is actually decent looking :)

I'm still not sure if it's worth posting daily...there are some huge channels that only post weekly. I would say it's worth doing as many videos as you're comfortable doing, just to keep trying new things. I wouldn't do the same thing every day if no one is watching, I'd keep experimenting with new stuff until something sticks.

Hi. I hope I have this post in the right place.

Do you think it's worth posting every day or every other day if nobody is watching?

It is absolutely 100% a waste of time. If you end up with a lot of subscribers that can't get enough of your content go ahead. But otherwise, don't. You'll give up so much of your free time that you won't enjoy life anymore. YouTube is a resource hog if you are serious about your content. I don't even upload a video a week anymore because it started to eat away at other things I hold dear, so I slowed down. (And, the downturn of 2016 had something to do with it as well, I nearly quit YouTube at the end of 2016 because of it!).

Upload videos as much as you can but be sure to have quality content (That is my experience anyways) If you want your channel to grow and gain more subscribers you need to have videos people will subscribe to see. If you upload a lot of poor videos people might start unsubscribing

I think you should upload as much good content as you can when you're starting out. Think about it this way, the more videos you have up on your channel the more ways you can be discovered as they'll show up in suggestions etc. However do not compromise quality for quantity. Basically do as much as you can with a high standard :D
That's the way I see it :)

think of it this way, if someone just stumbled into a random video of mine, would they stay and enjoy?. Every video has to be at the quality level of a first pitch.
so if your not seeing results I'd recommend really cutting down your amount of videos and upping the quality a ton until you see results.
remember viewers only have so much free time, and they sub to many channels, when faced with 3 uploads from you, or one from someone else they are likely to go for the one video.

I think it's definitely worth posting daily if the content is enjoyable and is edited right. We take absolutely hours editing our videos and most are only 2 minutes long - this is why we only aim to post 1 video a week.

It's different for everyone. If you have the time, content and motivation to post daily it is definitely worth it. What I would advise is don't just post boring, stale videos as people will lose interest very quickly. We spend hours editing our videos as we want them to be as engaging as possible, in the hope that people enjoy and subscribe for more.

If you can make good quality videos daily then go ahead, but if not, then having a couple of good videos a week beats 7 crappy videos a week in my opinion. I know I couldn't make multiple good quality videos in a week, but a lot depends on what you're doing. I can imagine someone that plays games for 2 or 3 hours could get enough footage for multiple videos for example...

Back