Is it worth creating a new channel?

GigFlint

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
So I had a YouTube channel that accumulated ~600 subscribers just playing Minecraft (I know I'm sorry) maybe 3 years back. I want to start up something fitness related soon, and the last video I posted, which was related to fitness, was about a year and 3 months ago.
Do you think that it's better to post on this channel that already has around 600 subscribers or just start from total scratch? Thank you :)

Used to be a part of this community when I used to make consistent videos, so hello everybody :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If was me I would start uploading on the channel you already have. You can try it out and upload a video on that channel and see if anyone watches it if not then you can start all over again.

Reactions: tahlia

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
600 subs is alot! Keep it!

Mainly because higher subs are more likely to be promoted more in the youtube-o-sphere!

but do what you're comfortable with!

Reactions: tahlia

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would keep the channel and rebrand.

Reactions: markkaz

Taho Nguin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would think it also depends on your channel's name. If it's "minecrafting for days" and now you post fitness, then that will throw people off.

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Start a new one. If you are able to rename and rebrand, you can keep it. But if you want YT to see what content you like and post. Build a new active audience.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I had a YouTube channel that accumulated ~600 subscribers just playing Minecraft (I know I'm sorry) maybe 3 years back. I want to start up something fitness related soon, and the last video I posted, which was related to fitness, was about a year and 3 months ago.
Do you think that it's better to post on this channel that already has around 600 subscribers or just start from total scratch? Thank you :)

Used to be a part of this community when I used to make consistent videos, so hello everybody :)
it depends on what kind of subscribers you have & if they are into fitness & health, I recently started a new second channel because I knew the audience I had already would not be into it as the topic was completely different & it's doing pretty great, actually way better than my main channel so regardless of what you decide it's going to work as longest its something you like & think is fun to do cause that's going to be your motivation to keep going :thumbsup2:

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
It honestly depends. I would try to rebrand the channel you already own and if it doesn't go well make a new channel :)

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with utilizing you current channel. You have subs already and they might be interested. If they aren't, they can unsubscribe.