Is it worth buyingVegas pro

Chris Castle

Reaction score
There's a basic version of Vegas for $50 at your local Best Buy. I use it and it's really good for the money. I know the pro versions can run you around $500-$600.

Inspired

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have it and I wouldn't use anything else.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
yes! well worth it, once you get to grips of it, its a piece of cake! i agree with the person above, anything else... no chance! i once tried adobe premier and its really weird to use, i can't use the interface haha!

jtaylor1409

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've often thought about getting Vegas Pro for my video editing, but I instead opted for Pinnacle Studio which was a cheaper alternative but still quite highly regarded. Whilst it probably lacks one or two of the fancy features available in SVP, it has done a sterling job for me so far and is worth checking out if you're looking for something a bit more advanced from Movie Maker.

crydaddy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
While I'm still new to editing, Vegas pro 14 has made learning it very easy for me and each video I've put up is a bigger improvement from the last though I wouldn't say that's solely from the program. I think just getting a set of friends that can be unbiased with you and can critique you with whatever program you choose should be your end goal, but would I recommend Vegas? Of course!

Olroy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends what you want to do with it, for basic Youtube applications any version of Vegas will work ($50 one) but if you are looking to eventually get into the professional industry of content creation than skip vegas all together and put the time in to learn Premiere Pro, it comes as part of the adobe creative cloud service so you get photoshop and after effects etc with it, it links into all other adobe software, and it looks better on a resume. It's also a lot cheaper. Sony Vegas Pro will cost a few hundred, and than a few hundred again when you need to upgrade. Where as the creative cloud is a small monthly cost that lets you always have the most up to date version; which I mean, you're also getting ALL the adobe programs for that cost

Reactions: Mr.FloodWater

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I bought the Vegas Pro 14 from Steam, and it's a dream to work with.
It also means I can install it to any computer I want, since it's connected to Steam.

Chicken Tendies

Reaction score
You can if you want but there are a ton of free editing software you can use. Hitfilm, Shotcut, are good starting points

M82

Reaction score
uncle eggnog.. what are your pc specs? i think people that want to get more serious and into the higher priced video editors should do deeper research. different editors work better/worse with different machines.

intel cpu vs amd cpu
amd gpu vs nvidia gpu
do you have integrated graphics
how many hdd/ssd's do you have.

adobe premiere might work good on one persons machine but crappy on yours. same with vegas.

I suggest going into a forum dedicated to video editing, post your specs and ask which software will give you the better performance and rendering times.

Reactions: Mr.FloodWater