Is It Too Late To Start On YouTube?

It´s never too late! but as time goes on more and more content creators are joining the site so it may be a little more competitive getting more noticed on youtube but never too late <3 Good luck!

It's never too late, too late, is when you ain't got anymore life left in you to make videos. Same as the business world, look how many businesses are out there! Youtube is a business now. Growth is not suppose to be easy, It takes time to build.

it depends on what you are here for, if you are here souly to get big i dont think its worth it, however there is still a strong community to be found and a lot of skill building to be done from creating on YouTube

Best answer I can give you:
Watch Casey Neistat latest and possibly best video he has made to date "DO WHAT YOU CAN'T" (as of 03-7-2017). It will spark a fire.
Bottom line do what you love, do it with passion and success will come. Oversaturated, too many people... and such, don't worry about it, if you want to do it, just do it.
I am 43 years old, started doing videos 9 months ago for fun, because I always wanted to and I am not big, but I have a healthy 4,400 subs. I then started a Vlog Channel because I love editing and wanted more of it (and I am oh so green at it! lol)... and it only has 4 videos up but I have 220 subscribers in a couple of months... all I am trying to say is if you are yourself, and do it for you and to share something that matters to you, people will watch it. GO FOR IT, it's never too late, NEVER! Have fun - XOXO

I personally think that now is the best time to start YouTube. A lot of the big bugs and exploitable things have been worked out, and now YouTube seems to be mainly refining nitty-gritty things and adding on better/new/different features. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if there are "big channels" out there who have lost their audience along the way and are contemplating whether they should start a new channel now that everything is in better working order. The only time staring to make videos will be "Too Late" is when YouTube shuts down -- I'm sure there would be some other video entertainment replacement by the time that happens (if it happens....).

This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately and now I've found this forum, I'd like to get your guys' opinion on it.

Having only started uploading videos a few months ago it can be easy to feel that the market is already saturated and there are too many YouTubers already out there doing what you're doing. Is there ever a time that is too late to start on YouTube? Have we missed the boat?

What got me thinking is that recently I've noticed a few of the bigger YouTubers saying things like "when I got started YouTube wasn't big so I've grown with it" and "when I began there was much less out there and fewer people to compete with" - which I understand, and in some respects I agree. When the original 'famous' YouTubers first signed up and started making videos there were a lot less channels, meaning they were easier to find, and now there are more users than ever they have been able to continue to grow in accordance with that.

But on the other hand this is the biggest YouTube has ever been and it is quickly becoming one of the biggest social media platforms/online communities in the world, so is it just as good to start now whilst YouTube is at it's peak?

I find myself always torn between "I've started YouTube too late" and "YouTube is just going to get bigger and bigger so now is as good a time as any".

What're you views on this?

I can understand that feeling and I sometimes feel the same way, but you can't let that stop you! If you have a passion for making videos do it! If you have fun with it and enjoy what you do people will come :)

Back