Is it really necessary to have a set schedule when posting our videos?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't have an uploading schedule, but more of a guideline. I have a lot of health problems and would never be able to stick to one. I like to upload frequently, so I say I upload 2-4 times a week. Although, I'm doing daily uploads in February. I just thought it would be a fun thing to do, and it has been. I was worried I would get sick and miss a day, so I pre-filmed a bunch and also scheduled uploads.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I like not having the pressure of having to post a video by a certain date.
If I don't have any ideas or really need some time off because a video isn't coming together then I'll post it the next week or week after that.

For me, I need that sense of freedom and the ability NOT to feel like I under some sort of deadline. It's helps with my creativity.
I am the opposite of this, I actually enjoy the pressure of having to produce a video and publish it by Monday every week.
As others have commented, the whole point of a video on demand platform is that you don't have to tune in at a certain time and hour. However, by setting myself a schedule and a strict deadline I am able to keep consistent uploads. As @PictureFIT said, consistent good content IS necessary for a successful channel.

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I watched your video it was really interesting!
I for one could never afford a Yacht.
Thanks for your comments
:)

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I watched your video it was really interesting!
I for one could never afford a Yacht.
Thanks for your comments
:)
Thanks, I could never afford one either!
By the way, I totally understand your comment about finding it difficult to be creative when you have to work to a deadline. I'm exactly the same. Sometimes I produce content just so that I have a video to publish and not because I feel particularly inspired. YouTube is such an unpredictable platform, sometimes those are the videos that take off whilst the ones I really felt motivated to produce flop!

Reactions: Mark Stise

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i upload every sunday morning, but when i have extra time to do a second video i just upload that one when ever i want during the week. but i make sure i keep my promise for one upload definitely on sundays. :)

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do have a time of day that I usually publish a video but I don't have videos every day. I definitely have a video every Tuesday because the show is called Truckin' Tuesday. I also have a Weekend Show but that can publish anytime between Friday and Sunday. Since the show involves shout-outs from viewers during the week and because of time constraints, this is the only video where I tend to publish in the evening, Sunday night.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think it matters a whole lot. I try to be scheduled but so far pretty much fail at meeting my own schedule. it can seem to make a difference on initial views to upload at a better day/time but long term it does not seem to make a difference.

there was one video I mentioned I was shooting for Friday uploads. and although that video isn't a best performer it did generate more subscribers than some previous video's that preform better. iv found the same results by not mentioning days for uploads but just mentioning what the topics of some future video's will be about. so I think the same thing can be achieved multiple ways its just to let viewers know that you intend to keep making more content. so they want to subscribe to see your future videos. so if you might not yet know what your next video will be about but you know what days you upload mentioning your upload schedule is another way to produce the same results. I don't think ill mention day goals again in a video I don't want to accidently lie to my viewers. I guess if I don't know what my next video will be about ill just mention that I do my best to have a new video up every week.