Is it really necessary to have a set schedule when posting our videos?

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The argument for having a schedule is that your audience will know when to expect your videos. It is also something that you could put on your banner to let people know that you upload regularly.

What you could do to keep a schedule is record multiple videos when you have ideas and schedule them into the future. That was if there's a long period where you're out of ideas, you'll still have content that will be going live on a certain day.

This is a good idea..
Imagine if we are facing a content block just like those writers....

Reactions: Stike96

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't follow a schedule because I couldn't care less whether the channels I am subscribed to follow a schedule or not.
People have to be VERY dedicated to your channel to actually wait for your next video on that exact day.
Upload consistently, but whether you now upload on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday...who cares.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It's better to have it than not have it, generally (mainly for developing self-discipline. As said previously, I doubt anyone ever sits at their pc waiting for someone to upload at the specific time) .
As for the pressure, most content creators do videos in advance so that if they need more time for a video, they can still upload consistently.

Reactions: Mark Stise

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only thing necessary is consistent good content.
I agre 100%:) NO it is NOT necessary with a schedule (even though it can be nice to have) but what really matters is consistent good content:up2: I tried with a schedule in the beginning when I started my channel but found out that it was NOT gonna happen (my videos takes a lot of time to make and I have plenty other things to do)..But I still gain subscribers every day and I like to think it has to do with good content:) Maybe I would get more subs with a schedule and I know for sure more uploads would help a lot, but again .....Not gonna happen unless I become a YouTuber full time:)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yes

It will discipline you to keep things moving.

Sure no one waits at 9am Monday for a video but it will eventually put people in the habit of expecting something in certain days after a while

Reactions: markkaz

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I set a release schedule for my own needs. My videos are 'Evergreen' and I rely on my videos booming months after upload and very rarely on upload.
To be honest I have slacked since Christmas and have fallen from my schedule and it has not hurt my overall numbers.

Imaginary Dave

Reaction score
Don't believe everything the "experts" tell you, especially when it contradicts common sense.
Just to be that counter-point guy...

There are many instances where people who intensely immerse themselves in a field turn out to know a lot more than what is widely regarded as 'common sense'.

People once looked out the window and common sense told them the world was flat. Understandable, it certainly looked that way. Those crazy experts who argued the world was round were asking a lot.

There is an Albert Einstein quote that says something to the effect that "common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18." (Einstein's theory of relativity is another example of something that utterly defies common sense). The scientific method was in part designed to avoid the fallacies of common sense.

Now experts can be wrong, of course. One shouldn't blindly trust someone just because they carry a label. But we might not dismiss them outright either just because their proposals defy our conventions. Common sense has let us down before and we want to be on guard against those who would use it as a weapon to prematurely end debate.