Is it really easier to get new Subscibers after your first 100?

Michael Clarke

Reaction score
Hello all!

I started two YouTube channels a couple of months ago (MicRoe Comedy and MicRoe Films)

I'm yet to hit 100 subscribers and I'm struggling to do so. I heard a rumour that it gets easier after 100. Does anyone know if that's the case?

Reactions: Hushdragon

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
....you can get a custom (easy / making sense) url after 100 and then...

...you can print cards, flyers, postcards of giant posters of it and spread the word!!! :p :D

just kidding...
it is just a barrier, a milestone to three digits. Nothing more.
Patience is the way. Perhaps tomorrow YT changes that to 500 or 1000
will that mean that will be different or more difficult?
:)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not really. For some (myself included) I gained 100 in the first year and then hit 1000 in the second year. But growth has been roughly the same after that for years. It even stagnated at one point.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
No. There's no magic number unfortunately. Rapid growth is usually associated with a particularly popular video that you publish, but not by reaching a milestone in subs.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not at all, their is no magic to getting more subs once you hit 100. The only way to make it happen is keep putting more effort in what you do. Just make good content for people to enjoy.

Gerald Z

Reaction score
it's always hard to keep growing, no matter the number, sure it's alittle easier once you're in the game and got the ball rolling, but new challenges always crop up.

Hushdragon

Reaction score
Hello all!

I started two YouTube channels a couple of months ago (MicRoe Comedy and MicRoe Films)

I'm yet to hit 100 subscribers and I'm struggling to do so. I heard a rumour that it gets easier after 100. Does anyone know if that's the case?
I believe it is. Once I got 100 subs I started growing fast, in like 1 month I gain 64 subs than gaining like 15. Just don't take a year break like I did bc it'll just stunt your growth

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
You can get more if those first 100 watch what you put out and the data passes thru YouTube to others of the same interest. Sure. Just keep making videos

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on the channel, I now some people who hit 100 and then got stuck at 100 subscribers for a very long time and there’s also people who hit 100 subscribers and all of a sudden started gaining more and more each day! I’m currently 4,700 subscribers, some days I earn a bunch of subscribers and views and other days not so much it also depends day by day.

TCME

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure this is true for a lot of people because during the time taken to get those first 100 subs you learn what works and what doesnt, your content improves, you get feedback and adjust accordingly and in my case realised what my subs wanted was a massive crossbow, i built it and it went mad, did a second and it went viral but this is all down to learning what and how to improve things not a magical threshold.