Is it possible to put very different content types on one channel and still get subscribers and view

AnonymousHappyGuy

Reaction score
I have been watching youtube for several years, and have just started my first channel. I have not made a video yet. I am a person who has quite a few hobbies, and would like to make videos about them, but I am not sure if it would hurt my channel since they are so radically different. I play four different video games regularly, collect three different types of trading cards, collect die cast cars, and assemble Lego sets. (I have a lot of free time). Two of the video games I play about once a week each, and the other two I play daily. I would like to make videos in all of these areas, but I was advised by a friend that people would not know what to expect on my channel, and would not subscribe. Is my friend right or wrong? I want to get as many subscribers and viewers as possible, and I am trying to figure out whether to build it as one channel or try multiple channels. I would really appreciate any advice.

Also, I would like to add that I do not buy cards, cars, or Legos every day or even every week. If I separated those into their own channels, it may be a month between uploads, but I play games every day. I plan to start making at least one video a day. Do you think my channel would work as a general nerds channel with no set specialty, but several ongoing series such as Lego building, card openings, and series on games such as minecraft and Pokemon TCG online?

Last edited:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Guess that's what playlists are for! Also there is the "About" page of your channel where you can explain what you do and what interests you. There are several categories that you can use for every video you upload to help people find your contet along with title and description link: creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/overview-categories#strategies-zippy-link-1
:)

Reactions: hvyhvy

Ricky Alv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's best to focus on what people you are targeting (age, gender, what they like, etc..) and what value you are going to provide to those people. Your value should stay consistent so it's best that you are not just doing a bunch of random things at once but that you have a specific focus for which you direct your videos.

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
deleted

Last edited:

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I have noticed that the more broad your spectrum of video content, the longer it will take to gain an audience. However, the audience members that so stay tend to be more genuine and tend to watch everything through and through and have a general love for the channel or the person uploading the videos. On the flip side, more niche content seem to have subscribers that blaze through the content rather quickly looking for a very specific piece of content they want to focus on.

There are ups and downs to both scenarios I believe.