Is it possible to find the source of video views prior to 48hr analytics update?

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm out working in the field so can only check by the studio app which is a little hard to navigate but it looks like all mine came from a Czech torrent website, I'm guessing someone uploaded a pirate copy of the game and used my video as a trailer!

Looks like we were both wrong haha :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm out working in the field so can only check by the studio app which is a little hard to navigate but it looks like all mine came from a Czech torrent website, I'm guessing someone uploaded a pirate copy of the game and used my video as a trailer!

Looks like we were both wrong haha :)

Yeah, thinking about it, it makes sense it came from foreign websites due to the traffic coming from specific countries. It was a coincidence though that our vids were shared at the same time. ^^

It's all good though. When videos get embedded like that on external websites, it means that the SEO of the video is good (otherwise how else would they have found it?) and and it brings in a new audience of people who will also sub and watch other videos.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, thinking about it, it makes sense it came from foreign websites due to the traffic coming from specific countries. It was a coincidence though that our vids were shared at the same time. ^^

It's all good though. When videos get embedded like that on external websites, it means that the SEO of the video is good (otherwise how else would they have found it?) and and it brings in a new audience of people who will also sub and watch other videos.

It certainly was quite a coincidence but as you say a good thing, I've been working to make sure my seo is up to scratch so nice that it pays off in the end :)

Reactions: Crown