Is it possible to do something against a fake claim?

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou!

Here's the story...
I'm part of a community of PUBG Mobile and we are part of the PUBGM Content Creators program, so we talk with Community Managers and sometimes developers. We have permission to upload content of this game, it's not written yet but it might become since we requested it today due some fake claims that are emerging <-- This paragraph is just to explain that we talk with PUBGM and we know that they aren't doing any claim on videos. On the contrary, they share our videos on their official Youtube Channel and support creators.

Fake claims started to appear. 3 different PUBGM Creators were hit by them. Claimant is Vurse and the channel shown is this one: Sinhala Tech Show (50K subs). He lives in Sri Lanka and you can even find an email and address in his description. If you watch his latest video youtube.com/watch?v=jcTDlHUpr0g you can read he's also claiming videos on other channels, I believe some of them aren't related to PUBG Mobile. You can also watch that he's teaching on his video how to download movies, I'm assuming these are pirated movies.

I haven't received a claim yet but If he managed to claim a 120K subs channel and a 20K subs channel already I don't see why not he will try on my channel, or maybe he already did and it will be on my email soon.

By looking at the image of a channel affected (not mine), does Visual Content always appears? I'm not sure if it changes when it's only music or does that means he's claiming he owns everything in that time from 0:32 to 1:18 If he's claiming music that will be fun cause I pay a license for my music in my videos, and I would love to see how this company reacts to this.

I understand he's claiming a video, people will dispute it and since he has nothing to prove, the claim will be gone in 30 days BUT I would like to know if there's another way to report a channel and make this process faster. Also because I read a lot that a claimed video will not get the same amount of views. I know a creator from this forum got his channel terminated by uploading a "How to add an intro to YouTube" Maybe a "How to download a pirate movie" is a good reason to terminate his. I believe his videos aren't showing any ads so maybe this is why he's trying to earn revenue this way.

Any help will be appreciated!
TYSM
GV

Desktop_Screenshot_2019.01.09_-_00.23.51.70.png

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Take them to court. Contact other people who have been false claimed and file a class action lawsuit. It's the only way to shut them down.

Reactions: GameVestment

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Is the claimant's channel monetized?

If so, you should report the channel to YouTube Support. I don't think there is an option covering channels illegally monetizing in the Report This Channel or User section; but what I do know is that Sri Lanka is not on the list of Partner Program Eligible countries. Google it yourself and see, as I've lost my VIP and don't yet have enough point to renew it; so I can't link the list here.

If this channel is monetized, the owner is breaking one of the most basic rules of the YouTube Partner Program by falsifying his country of residence. This constitutes fraud, and his channel could be terminated for it. Termination would get him off all of your backs for good, would it not? Check more of his videos to see if you could possibly be wrong about his monetization status.

To answer your other question, a visual content match means that the actual visual content of the video is being claimed for copyright violation.

PubG dev team could also be consulted about having YouTube take his channel down for fraudulent copyright claims. He doesn't own the content in the end...they do!

Update: I just reported this user for Cirumvention of Technological Measures. I've placed the channel in my "YouTubers Bucking Banishment" bookmark folder to track whether or not YouTube takes down the channel.

@GameVestment You said the claiment is Vurse? I'm pretty sure that Vurse doesn't own the channel you're pointing us to. Vurse is the developer of Roblox, and has nothing to do with PubG to the best of my knowledge.

You have another bullet to fire, and it's called Impersonation.

All you need to do is go to Vurse's official channel; let them know about this impersonator and what he is doing, and let them do the rest.

youtube.com/channel/UCOsl4rY5LLWFRyQdBa_SdFw

Last edited:

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Is the claimant's channel monetized?

If so, you should report the channel to YouTube Support. I don't think there is an option covering channels illegally monetizing in the Report This Channel or User section; but what I do know is that Sri Lanka is not on the list of Partner Program Eligible countries. Google it yourself and see, as I've lost my VIP and don't yet have enough point to renew it; so I can't link the list here.

If this channel is monetized, the owner is breaking one of the most basic rules of the YouTube Partner Program by falsifying his country of residence. This constitutes fraud, and his channel could be terminated for it. Termination would get him off all of your backs for good, would it not? Check more of his videos to see if you could possibly be wrong about his monetization status.

To answer your other question, a visual content match means that the actual visual content of the video is being claimed for copyright violation.

PubG dev team could also be consulted about having YouTube take his channel down for fraudulent copyright claims. He doesn't own the content in the end...they do!

Update: I just reported this user for Cirumvention of Technological Measures. I've placed the channel in my "YouTubers Bucking Banishment" bookmark folder to track whether or not YouTube takes down the channel.

@GameVestment You said the claiment is Vurse? I'm pretty sure that Vurse doesn't own the channel you're pointing us to. Vurse is the developer of Roblox, and has nothing to do with PubG to the best of my knowledge.

You have another bullet to fire, and it's called Impersonation.

All you need to do is go to Vurse's official channel; let them know about this impersonator and what he is doing, and let them do the rest.

youtube.com/channel/UCOsl4rY5LLWFRyQdBa_SdFw
TYSM for the amazing reply!
Yes, his channel is not monetised and that's the reason why I think he's doing this!
Also, he showed a video on how to download a Pirate Movie and he has an address in Sri Lanka

I posted your reply to the parties concerned including PUBG Mobile and hopefully they will stop him!
You really helped us a lot and hopefully these people will stop taking advantage of the system
Again, I'm really grateful and appreciate. a lot all your help!

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You're very welcome, @GameVestment!

Do let us know what happens; I want this rule-abuser stopped as much as you do.

Update!!! It's not the full result I hoped for, but it is a start; I will look and see if the channel still exists in the morning.

Action Taken

Thank you for your report of spam. We have removed the relevant content you identified within your report.

Last edited: