Is it okay to ask for a LIKE like this???

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys:)..So I uploaded this video today with some small changes and a new intro. My question is about asking for a like in the beginning. Come to understand the importance of activity/engagement on the videos (likes, dislikes comments etc.) I am trying this new strategy. I know there a pros and cons to all this asking-for-likes-business but what do you guys think. Is it okay or is it too much??

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Put it at the end. You did it as professionally as you could, but it just seems weird to ask someone to like your video before they've finished it. Although, asking for that stuff does actually remind people to do said things in general lol.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lol, that makes it look so blunt. I didn't realize it looked that bad.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive seen big youtubers ask for likes at the start middle and end. I tend to only 'like' a video if I enjoyed the content.
I have on a few occaisions liked a video because a creator has asked for a specific number of likes to do a challange/etc

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive seen big youtubers ask for likes at the start middle and end. I tend to only 'like' a video if I enjoyed the content.
I have on a few occaisions liked a video because a creator has asked for a specific number of likes to do a challange/etc
LIKE:)

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I saw MatPat do a video about those Paul brothers and at the end he said to prove which team was the best by seeing which of their fans could click the subscribe button fast enough. It was kind of dirty lol... He's been getting a little obnoxious about it.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Put it at the end. You did it as professionally as you could, but it just seems weird to ask someone to like your video before they've finished it. Although, asking for that stuff does actually remind people to do said things in general lol.
This. Liking a video before you've watched it seems kinda redundant and might give off the wrong impression - whereas adding it towards the end allows them to see what you've got to offer and make a more educated decision from there.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

EndlessEpic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think people should ask for likes at the end of videos, because I think they should hit "like" if they actually liked the video. However you can do any way you want. Also, I watched when you asked your viewers to leave a like, I thought it was creative the way you came up with that idea, and it was also funny. But I think when you asked for likes, it took too long. I would shorten what you say when you ask for likes. But that's just my opinion! It's your video in the end! :D