Is it okay if I LIKE my own videos?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The title says it all but what doy you guys do/think?:) the reason I ask this question is that i just made my liked-video playlist public so people can see if I like my own videos........On the other hand I like my videos (or most of them anyways:)) So what do you think about this?

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it. If it was a problem YT should simply not make us eligible to like our own videos. Probably won't help the algorithm though.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Well, I hope you like your own videos ;) I haven't even considered it but I'd guess it wouldn't have an impact though.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
It doesn't hurt anything, but YouTube will eventually edit out your like and it won't mean anything.
it does ? Okay because I wondered if you had like 50 YT accounts couldn't you just pump up those likes ? Does YT link accounts from the same email address ?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks guys:) I will ad it to my liked videos:)

ASMRher

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was told to like my video after uploading it for a couple hours, it'll somehow boost my vid. The effect is obviously minimal but I do it anyways.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Haha, I've thought about clicking that button more than once. Haha. Youtube takes it away anyways though. But hey! It helps that you like your content, huh?

:D

MrBigKid

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Eh I do it. I figured if it shouldn’t be done we won’t be able to click the thumbs up. Even if YT wipes it out, couldn’t hurt.

Reactions: allthingstodd

ItsMeJackP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yeah it's fine, people won't think "what's he liking his own video for, how conceited!" or anything. And like others have said, the button would be greyed out if you weren't meant to do it.