Is it ok to start off with a webcam?

SupWithT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok so the focal point of my channel is to do skits, gaming, news, tips for the air force, etc. etc. Now my issue I am having a hard time getting a capture card because........I'm only 18 its only so much I CAN afford :crying:. So I need some advice...is starting off on a webcam recording gaming perspectives bad??? As far as audio I would use my phone.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi:)
I really think you should try to save up for some cheap beginners equipment...I´m not sure if it will work out with a webcam to record gaming but I think the audio will be pretty bad and I think people would stop watching...Anyways thats just my opinion and there is only one way to find out:) Try it out and see how it works. Best of luck to you:up2:

Reactions: SupWithT

SupWithT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're right...A part of me is saying "Just try it out it won't hurt"...but odds are I'd probably stick to playing emulators and pc games for now and make an adjustment to that until I can afford a capture card in the military.

Graveilgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on the quality to be fair. Some big streamers have used webcam as sub camera's before and it really doesn't look too bad if you know what you're doing with the settings, obviously a camera is waaaay better but if you're at the stage where you only have access to a webcam then go ahead and do it! Don't let that stop you

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With all the technology available, I don't think it's a good idea to use a webcam to record videos. Even an IPhone camera would be better quality than webcams. There's too many YouTubers that are shooting in excellent quality.