is it ok to join multiplt MCNs?

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
hey everyone! im new to this MCN thing. im not really sure what im doing. i just realize that these things exist in the youtube world. can you give me any suggestions? is it also ok to sign up your channel to a lot of MCNs?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
All an MCN does is take a percentage of your revenue in exchange for.. Well, pretty much nothing. Nothing you can't do on your own. The only advantage they provide is giving you more "protection" in a sense, if you're a big YouTuber with over a million subs. If you bring in the revenue, they'll treat you like a valued part of the network and help you get verified and protected from unreasonable copyright claims. If you were to join multiple networks, bye bye revenue. YouTube takes 45% of your revenue already, leaving you with 55%. And then a network would take a percentage of that 55%. Add in lots of networks, and you'll probably end up with only 5% or less of your revenue. Would not recommend.

Reactions: MartinTabanag

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
All an MCN does is take a percentage of your revenue in exchange for.. Well, pretty much nothing. Nothing you can't do on your own. The only advantage they provide is giving you more "protection" in a sense, if you're a big YouTuber with over a million subs. If you bring in the revenue, they'll treat you like a valued part of the network and help you get verified and protected from unreasonable copyright claims. If you were to join multiple networks, bye bye revenue. YouTube takes 45% of your revenue already, leaving you with 55%. And then a network would take a percentage of that 55%. Add in lots of networks, and you'll probably end up with only 5% or less of your revenue. Would not recommend.
thank you so much for this information. really is a big help.
what network did you join?[DOUBLEPOST=1485930837,1485930822][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm pretty sure you can only partner with 1 MCM
Thank you so much!

Rahimys

Reaction score
for me MCN are good for one reason, they give more payment options like Paypal, bank transfer...etc as i'm not able to receive money via Western Union.

Otherwise there is nothing SPECIAL about them honestly.

Reactions: MartinTabanag

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
No, as @Jack1505 said, a channel can only be connected to 1 MCN at a time. My advice would be to monetize with adsense.
Thank you admin! i did monetize with adsense but im a little bit confused on why there is a revenue in when i opened on youtube but there is no revenue when i opened google adsense.[DOUBLEPOST=1486085616,1486085552][/DOUBLEPOST]
for me MCN are good for one reason, they give more payment options like Paypal, bank transfer...etc as i'm not able to receive money via Western Union.

Otherwise there is nothing SPECIAL about them honestly.
what network did you sir?[DOUBLEPOST=1486085808][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm with Zoonix as there is currently no drama going on with them
how was it? i just sent my application to fullscreen. i hope they are good