Is it Legal to Monetize News Media Broadcasts?

Johnny Miller

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently saw a video that was a monetized news story. It looked like this video had been recorded and then uploaded to youtube and was making he poster money.

My question can you do this and it not be a copyright violation?

Last edited:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is copyright and illegal. They will eventually get caught and demonetised/receive strikes/banned

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is it legal to Motorize news Broadcasts? You'll have to check in with your DMV. Are you looking to take your news broadcasts off road? Will they be 2 wheel, 4 wheel or even 16 wheel news broadcasts? Do you plan on racing your News Broadcasts. Are they domestic muscle or foreign street? Gotta make sure you have good tires for the weather if you plan on Motorizing them *Reads thread* oh you meant monetize.

I think if there's commentary of if you do a parody of it yes you can get away with that, but rebroadcasting is illicit I understand and just in bad taste. I'd report ever single copywritten video that go through the algorithm if I could but it would be exhausting.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
While you may see ads, you don't know if the content is being claimed by the rightful owners.

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is copyright and illegal. They will eventually get caught and demonetised/receive strikes/banned
but ..what if he only took some part of it eg 10% and not entire video , and also give reference to the source in his description ??

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
but ..what if he only took some part of it eg 10% and not entire video , and also give reference to the source in his description ??
I don't have permissions to post links but please search the YouTube Help Center for copyright information.

This quick answer to your question is, NO!