Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Is it Legal to Monetize News Media Broadcasts?

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum' started by Johnny Miller, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Johnny Miller
    Cash:
    $20
    I recently saw a video that was a monetized news story. It looked like this video had been recorded and then uploaded to youtube and was making he poster money.

My question can you do this and it not be a copyright violation?

#1 Johnny Miller, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $263
    This is copyright and illegal. They will eventually get caught and demonetised/receive strikes/banned

3. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $321
    What he said!

4. Johnny Miller
    Cash:
    $20
    This is what I thought....

5. AceOfBats
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $83
    Is it legal to Motorize news Broadcasts? You'll have to check in with your DMV. Are you looking to take your news broadcasts off road? Will they be 2 wheel, 4 wheel or even 16 wheel news broadcasts? Do you plan on racing your News Broadcasts. Are they domestic muscle or foreign street? Gotta make sure you have good tires for the weather if you plan on Motorizing them *Reads thread* oh you meant monetize.

I think if there's commentary of if you do a parody of it yes you can get away with that, but rebroadcasting is illicit I understand and just in bad taste. I'd report ever single copywritten video that go through the algorithm if I could but it would be exhausting.

6. markkaz
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $75
    While you may see ads, you don't know if the content is being claimed by the rightful owners.

7. Lock
    $$$
    Cash:
    $29
    but ..what if he only took some part of it eg 10% and not entire video , and also give reference to the source in his description ??

8. markkaz
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $75
    I don't have permissions to post links but please search the YouTube Help Center for copyright information.

This quick answer to your question is, NO!