Is it just me or does it seem like youtube going downhill?

fresh vibes.

Reaction score
By that I mean in terms of views and subscribers, I have been looking as social blade it looks like almost every channel is dipping these past view months, is there a reason behind this?

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think so, YouTube will always be something people go to whether to find out about gossip or watch a new music video. I do feel that some people are annoyed with the whole 'youtube red' situation because it was basically the only free site and now they have exclusive content. In conclusion lol no i don't think it is.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Some channels will lose subscribers and views based on what their content is. Leafy is case and point. How long do you think you can go on bullying and insulting people before your subscribers get fed up? Evergreen, useful channels might grow slower than shock channels like that, but they tend to keep growing because they provide a use.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I been having bad youtube days soooo derp

Helen Czap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it's probably because there's so many people out there making videos.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it's probably because there's so many people out there making videos.
Maybe even too many people posting videos!
I heard a rumour about some advertisers were backing out of youtube and Youtube had to take some measures to try and bring them back, at the same time some extremist channels were making money of youtube, which I heard was a big reason advertisers were backing off!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is the great downturn of 2016. The bottom just fell out. Right now the freefall has somewhat stabilized, but I am sure during that fall they lost quite a few creators. It is never fun seeing what little you have turn to even less. As a result I went AFK at the end of the year and didn't upload for a month which was very atypical. I was pretty much uploading once a week! Now I have taken a step back. Because it is simply not worth it trying to chase success. I now do 1-2 videos a month, maybe 3 and couldn't be happier. I can't win the quantity game, so might as well make sure the quality is as good as I can get it!

fresh vibes.

Reaction score
It is the great downturn of 2016. The bottom just fell out. Right now the freefall has somewhat stabilized, but I am sure during that fall they lost quite a few creators. It is never fun seeing what little you have turn to even less. As a result I went AFK at the end of the year and didn't upload for a month which was very atypical. I was pretty much uploading once a week! Now I have taken a step back. Because it is simply not worth it trying to chase success. I now do 1-2 videos a month, maybe 3 and couldn't be happier. I can't win the quantity game, so might as well make sure the quality is as good as I can get it!
Yeah, I found an article about it here: kotaku.com/youtube-views-are-down-across-the-board-analysis-says-1790440740

Reactions: chottom

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Youtube is probably trying to fix their problem which makes stuff very iffy right now. I don't think its going to plummet to nothingness. I think it would fall a bit, settle down with less problems (like "removing" problematic channels from the site) and start going back up again.

Just stay clean, and everything should be fine. Hopefully.

===on a side note===

I think Youtube's biggest mistake on their part was making it easy for everyone to get partnered. (I'm not complaining about the partner thing coz I'm grateful that they made it easy).

Just saying they wouldn't need to deal with people getting annoyed for all the copyright stuff and monetisation problems or even advertisers leaving, etc; if it was more stricter.

People would follow the rules from the start, be more serious and get reviewed if they want to qualify for being a youtube partner. I find it interesting how youtube has rules for monetisation but it looks like a lot of people feel entitled to disregard it when using the platform now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯