Is it healthy to diversify your content?

Vossy

Reaction score
I'm slowly closing in on 1k subscribers after starting my channel back in November, but to date I've only made one type of video: FIFA player reviews. Tbh, I've started to hate the game. It's being milked for as much money as they can make, the gameplay is awful, and they've all round ruined the game.

Sea of Thieves is out in just under 2 weeks, and no game has had me this excited since as long as I can remember, and I'd love to make a series on it. Thing is though, most of my subs know me as a FIFA YouTuber, so I'm worried that starting a series on another game may cause a lot of my subs to unsubscribe or become completely uninterested in my content.

What do you suggest? Should I just go for it?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have no idea on games. But your first paragraph would make a great trustworthy opinion video.
I have seen some of those kind videos, some was really really popular, some was so downvoted.
So...
...On the other hand, this kind of honest videos may cause you to loose half of your audience....

Vossy

Reaction score
I have no idea on games. But your first paragraph would make a great trustworthy opinion video.
I have seen some of those kind videos, some was really really popular, some was so downvoted.
So...
...On the other hand, this kind of honest videos may cause you to loose half of your audience....
Possibly, although it's the opinion of 90% of the people that play it now. If you knew about FIFA, you'd know it's probably one of the most hated games out there that people still can't seem to stop playing (I blame the company that makes it, milking it for money).

Video like that may be worth making though :)

Reactions: videoeditgr

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually have a lot of diversity on my channel, but everything I do ties back to a central idea, I just go at it a lot of different ways. And I know this hurts me because people who consume some of my content hate other parts of it and vice versa, but my whole goal is getting that central idea out there.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Bring back Amiga with Sensible Soccer for some popper game play.. instead of games for 4 year olds that play themselves by just mashing any buttons randomly with a ham fist all at same time.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There´s a lot more diversity in the gaming community, as there´s a lot of games to choose from, and it´s just the person preference that hinders the channel.
But if the channel is more niched, the diversity goes down. So there´s different sides on this!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have only ever done FIFA videos then your current crop of subs may not like it as they have subbed for FIFA content.
But at the same time you are a Gaming channel, so creating other series for other games seems reasonable.
I think you only have 1 choice. Do it and see what happens.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm slowly closing in on 1k subscribers after starting my channel back in November, but to date I've only made one type of video: FIFA player reviews. Tbh, I've started to hate the game. It's being milked for as much money as they can make, the gameplay is awful, and they've all round ruined the game.

Sea of Thieves is out in just under 2 weeks, and no game has had me this excited since as long as I can remember, and I'd love to make a series on it. Thing is though, most of my subs know me as a FIFA YouTuber, so I'm worried that starting a series on another game may cause a lot of my subs to unsubscribe or become completely uninterested in my content.

What do you suggest? Should I just go for it?

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

In your next FIFA video, mention the new game and ask your viewers what they think. I see you upload roughly once a week. Maybe you could try uploading twice a week. One FIFA video and one new game video - That way, they can't complain because they're getting the same number of vids. Then if the new game takes off, you can start doing more of it. ^^