Is it ever possible to get big on youtube?

MickyLee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes. I think if you are able to make great content and you are able to network well enough in the beginning then there is no limit!

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
No lie, you could easily get big if you posted every 2 weeks. You have less than 20 videos in the last 10 years, and most of those videos are enjoyable and easily sharable.
oh thank you! and believe me if I could make them any faster I would, they really do take this long.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you guys think its possible to get big within the next 5+ years of posting videos every week? no matter what the niche is?
Yes to your first question
No to your second. There are some niches that will never be "big youtuber" big. If the fan based isnt there and the channel is technical based there is a limit.
Take for instance channels that focus on freediving. Its a niche sport. The "big youtubers" for this niche are Freediver HD and Adam Freediver. Both have about 30k subs after 5 years of youtubing. Its big but not pewdiepie big.
And some niches, again using freediving as an example it is impossible to do daily uploads - as it takes way too long to actually create a video (find a location, wait for right weather conditions, go out and do the dive, make sure everything is right during the dive, editing, research etc etc)

But ultimately if you enjoy what you do- the goal isnt to be a "big youtuber". None of the guys i mentioned before want to be big youtubers. They have their channels to promote the sport of freediving, not to get youtube famous

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have seen a gal who is growing like crazy as an artist; then she recommended two more gals in her YT channel and these two have grown three times (3k and 6.1k) in only two months. It also depends on the content we provide.[DOUBLEPOST=1504232656,1504232521][/DOUBLEPOST]
yes. and no. Sometimes I think that unless you are with a network that you won't have a chance, because anyone who suddenly had tons of subs out of nowhere signed with a network :(
I have a question about network. Are you referring to something like "Freedom"? Can you be a little more specific for technology-challenged grandmas? ;-) How do you sign with a network?
Thanks

Reactions: Apcat

Andrew0109

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's not about content its about how you present it to people. Iv seen a kid jumping on a bed up n down pulling faces on 240 video and gets hundreds of thousands of views don't ask me how. It's about the angles and covering the most popular questions people have etc.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
step 1, seduce a worker at youtube
step 2 ...
step 3 profite

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No. You will know early on if you got what it takes. Most channels blow up in the first 6 months. If this does not happen you can forget about getting big ever. I am living proof of that myself.
Wrong, very wrong.

I've seen many blow up after 1-2 years, in fact the majority. I've seen a small amount get almost nothing, then get something like a gateway video go viral or get a shoutout and suddenly they explode. But most importantly, they keep the explosion going. 6 months is an incredibly small time frame for a new Youtuber to find his niche, to get comfortable doing it, and to master it. You failing at "blowing up within 6 months" is hardly "proof" that no one can do it after that time frame, as time has very little to do with getting big. Being at the right place, with the right content, with the right SEO, getting lucky with a gateway video, there's tons of true factors at play, and they can happen at any time.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wrong, very wrong.

I've seen many blow up after 1-2 years, in fact the majority. I've seen a small amount get almost nothing, then get something like a gateway video go viral or get a shoutout and suddenly they explode. But most importantly, they keep the explosion going. 6 months is an incredibly small time frame for a new Youtuber to find his niche, to get comfortable doing it, and to master it. You failing at "blowing up within 6 months" is hardly "proof" that no one can do it after that time frame, as time has very little to do with getting big. Being at the right place, with the right content, with the right SEO, getting lucky with a gateway video, there's tons of true factors at play, and they can happen at any time.
Keep telling yourself that. It's the truth for 99.9% of us out here. Have a nice day.

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Keep telling yourself that. It's the truth for 99.9% of us out here. Have a nice day.
Show me proof of the 99.9% stat. Otherwise you are simply making up statistics. Do you really not know all factors that influence growth?

Yeah, have a nice day.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have seen a gal who is growing like crazy as an artist; then she recommended two more gals in her YT channel and these two have grown three times (3k and 6.1k) in only two months. It also depends on the content we provide.[DOUBLEPOST=1504232656,1504232521][/DOUBLEPOST]

I have a question about network. Are you referring to something like "Freedom"? Can you be a little more specific for technology-challenged grandmas? ;-) How do you sign with a network?
Thanks
It's like a tv network but for youtube. Jake paul and most other popular people are on one. They supposedly increase your views and whatnot, though some do nothing but take your money

Reactions: AcrylicArtPaintings