Is it ever possible to get big on youtube?

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you guys think its possible to get big within the next 5+ years of posting videos every week? no matter what the niche is?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yes. and no. Sometimes I think that unless you are with a network that you won't have a chance, because anyone who suddenly had tons of subs out of nowhere signed with a network :(

Reactions: AcrylicArtPaintings

Merideus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think its all about the niche. I made a gaming channel "lets play" if you will 2 years ago and was active with it for a year PLUS, uploading everyday. I never seen more than 50 subs. Now, I run a channel strictly on 2-3 MMORPGs and I've averaged multiple subs per video.

Chose where your passion is, make youtube your passion and you will succeed. I have nearly 250 subs, so I'm not at all big. But i also only have only made 21 videos.

YOU CAN DO IT :D

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No. You will know early on if you got what it takes. Most channels blow up in the first 6 months. If this does not happen you can forget about getting big ever. I am living proof of that myself.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If people work hard enough, they will become big on youtube.
But then again I guess everyone has different views on how they define big. Some people might think they are big if the get average of 1k views per video, while others wants 1million views per video to consider being big!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes it is possible, but it takes a lot of work:)

LiquidGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No. You will know early on if you got what it takes. Most channels blow up in the first 6 months. If this does not happen you can forget about getting big ever. I am living proof of that myself.
100% disagree with that, you can have a video series blow up and jump start your channel at anytime.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see everyone has different opinions, i think it can also depends on what kind of videos you upload. I have a video that blew up to 140k, on my old channel. And only a few that are 30k and below on my new one. Now some of my vids only reach 100+. I think if you can hit the higher number everytime, you can make it big by 5 years?