Is it better to start over?

ItsMoldgold

Reaction score
so as of recently I decided to make a new YouTube channel. My old channel had 6,000 subscribers. Which is a decent amount for in my book. However over the past few years. I became very inactive, I started living life, college, girlfriend, friends,parties, working out.. etc. In the end my subscribers became inactive, something I deserve for not posting active at all. I recently posted a few new vids on the channel and received very little views. It kinda grinded my gears seeing 20 views with 2 likes while having 6k subs. Now I know YouTube is not all about the views, but that's why I do YouTube. My goal is for people to watch the content I make. So like I said, I decided to make a new youTube channel. Do you guys think it was a smart decision?

Reactions: Bethanyjbee

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I restarted and personally it's the best decision I ever made when it comes to my channel. It works differently for everyone but with hard work you can easily build a new channel back up and the subscribers are likely to be better. You can always pop something on the older one to say that you've moved and where to find you now. If people are interested they'll come over to the new one

Reactions: ItsMoldgold

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've started over on YouTube a few times, I personally don't mind it at all. I love seeing the growth of my new channel as I push out content.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When it´s been a long while and there´s a lot of inactive subscribers, I guess it´s maybe best to start over!
In my situation I can´t imagine to start over though, for some reason i´m getting known as my channel name amongst my friends and co workers and wouldn´t want to change that!

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I feel like also if it was me I would want to start over because I wouldn't like that fact that I see 6k subscribers but only 20+ views on my videos make me personally feel the video's aren't good but the cause is that your subscribers aren't active themselves anymore.

Reactions: ItsMoldgold

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think it's a good idea to start over. I'd make a video explaining why you were away, and explain if you're changing direction and you're back and ready to go. Even if 50% of your subscribers leave, you still have a huge Base to work with! Starting again on a new channel won't give you any discernable benefits really. Yes you'll feel fresh and new, but think about all the hard work you put in on the old channel only for it to be wasted. Google will delete dead subscribers anyway. Inactive ones, well, never mind, they may see one of your new videos and decide to stay. Build it back up again and I'm sure you'll see the views trickle back again

Reactions: SimplyAlexTV