Is it better to have multiple channels or one channel with multiple playlists? Also, about my name..

Derek M

ginga ninja
I have one youtube channel, and i'm stuck now. This channel has my short films. I'm not sure if I should start another channel for things that don't really fit (vlog, game commentary, etc) or make different playlists. I was going to make different playlists, but i'm afraid people won't want to subscribe if they are only interested in one thing I do. What do you recommend?

Also, on another note, my youtube channel right now is called TheMedinaProject. Honestly, i'm not really sure I like the name. I want a channel name that includes my name (Derek W. Medina) and easy to remember. Something like MedinaTV, or themedinaproject, or something like that, so recommendations on what my name should be are greatly appreciated. Or should I keep it "themedinaproject", it just seems kinda weird, or awkward.

I have one youtube channel, and i'm stuck now. This channel has my short films. I'm not sure if I should start another channel for things that don't really fit (vlog, game commentary, etc) or make different playlists. I was going to make different playlists, but i'm afraid people won't want to subscribe if they are only interested in one thing I do. What do you recommend?

Also, on another note, my youtube channel right now is called TheMedinaProject. Honestly, i'm not really sure I like the name. I want a channel name that includes my name (Derek W. Medina) and easy to remember. Something like MedinaTV, or themedinaproject, or something like that, so recommendations on what my name should be are greatly appreciated. Or should I keep it "themedinaproject", it just seems kinda weird, or awkward.
Welcome to yttalk first. I think its better to have just 1 channel and many playlists. I myself have 2 channels but on the 2nd one I upload copy written stuff on it and that can't go on my first channel. That's the only reason why I have a 2nd channel.

Welcome to yttalk first. I think its better to have just 1 channel and many playlists. I myself have 2 channels but on the 2nd one I upload copy written stuff on it and that can't go on my first channel. That's the only reason why I have a 2nd channel.

Thank you. I suppose i'm just worried that people will be less inclined to subscribe because someone might like a certain type of videos I make (game commentary for instance) but doesn't like anything else I make. I guess he could just subscribe to the playlist, but still... Also, I'm still not sure about my channel name.

I have a channel for vlogs and a one for gaming, but I do other stuff too and I just put them into playlists with the relevant names.

I have a separate gaming channel, one for my band and one for anything that doesn't fall into either category. I suppose if I did covers of copyrighted songs, I'd need a fourth channel, for monetization reasons. The YouTube audience subscribes to your channel for a reason, so you should stick to one type of videos. Maybe the occasional vlog on a gaming channel would be acceptable, if it is gaming related. You might get more subscribers if you stick it all on one channel, but they won't watch your gaming videos if they subscribed for your short films.

In summary, keep it all separate.

Unless you are trying to create a 'show' or a 'series', keep all the videos that feature your face on one channel, and all the videos that feature game footage separate. It would be sort of jarring if, for example, I went to ray william johnson's channel and he'd uploaded footage of him playing minecraft.

well if your not really popular i wouldnt suggest making multiple channels thats being cross productive and really only works if you already have a substantial fan base that would be interested in following you on other channels as well as your main one. I suggest being patient until you get a lot of fans then start branching out to other things you want to do. Unless you just absolutely like posting multiple types of videos.

Back