Is it better to have a "YouTuber Clique"?

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
UberHaxorNova, ImmortalHD, ModestCubed, etc. are a 'Clique' of YouTubers who make content together.
The Creatures: Kootra, DanzNewz, Artist Joe are a 'Clique' of YouTubers who make content together.
Markiplier, Wade, Ethan, Bob (arguably JackSepticEye too) are a 'Clique' of YouTubers who make content together.

You get the jist! There are so many groups of YouTubers out there, specifically on the gaming platform, I wonder if it's easier to "get yourself out there", to "achieve success" if you're anything other than a solo artist on YouTube? :)
  • Is it easier to be comedic/entertaining with more people?
  • Do groups of YouTubers generally produce better content than independent content creators?
I'm not sure. Discuss? :D

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It's always better to have friends than not. The trick is getting into an inner circle. But make great enough videos and they'll beg you to join them.

Also I'd say being in a cliq gives the impression of being cool because it's not something everyone can enter and makes people with they could. So following that makes you feel like a member somehow

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I wish I had a clique of Youtubers to be part of. I mean, I sorta do, but none of them are really active.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As long as you are friend with the people it is great! But you need a balance between solo content and "clique" content. That is my opinion anyway. Everytime I try to play games with other YouTubers, though, I seem to find the wrong people.

Basit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's easier when you have friends to youtube with because you guys can collab off eachother and new subscribers who find their channel will eventually find yours. It's hard work to make it as an independant YouTuber but that doesn't stop a lot of people from finding success!

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think this sort of thing happens naturally.
you don't seek out a group to join to make your channel do better. but its really a great thing for yourself and your channel!

a much larger youtuber invited me to a group chat with her and other animators and we all became pretty close friends quite quickly.

This means that we can sneak each other in our videos as voice roles, we can collab, we can share WIP shots and get advice, and vidcon meetups (which im too scared to travel to yet thanks to being quite a hermit).

I think having a group of friends (i assume thats what a 'clique is, i actually have no idea what that word actually means lol) is really great not only for your channel, but for yourself! your motivation, and even for your subscribers, as you can introduce them to similar content that they are really likely to enjoy

Reactions: Lizzeelive

ellelletalk

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
I'm sure its beneficial to both their channel growth and their motivation to continue making videos.

If you're consistently mentioning each other, you should expect to see a lot of subscribers/viewers crossing over into each other's channels.

From a viewer perspective, it's a cool experience. It's as if you're watching a sitcom of friends (in collab videos), and simultaneously able to follow the "character" of your choice and learn about their person lives (in their personal videos).