Is it best to make your own end screen or use Youtube's

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It seems like most people like the Youtube feature, I do like it can be used on all devices.I think I am going to work on my own end screen today (i upload news mon-fri, its my day off) with slots that the YouTube one will fit into so it looks like my own design. I will check back in when I'm done with it.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
What I did is make my own background for the end screen and then used YouTubes cards ontop of it. That way I get the best of both worlds!

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always use my own stuff. I didn't even know they had one. But I still recommend going on your own. For a few extra minutes in photoshop you can personalize it and customize it as you like
You should actually check it out. You can still add your own designs and photoshop layout in the background and overlay the YouTube video links and sub button from the YouTube End Screen feature which is far more optimal.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
You should actually check it out. You can still add your own designs and photoshop layout in the background and overlay the YouTube video links and sub button from the YouTube End Screen feature which is far more optimal.
Yea I do that too but YouTube won't let you design your own

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I create an image and then use YouTube's in-built end screen system to overlay on the top. They look way better that way.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been playing around with the youtube end screen, but making a template for it. It works great. But the only problem is it doesn't work on TV so anyone watching that video will just get the template I created. Which is annoying. I might just make a generic template with just my logo and social media icons instead. That way anyone watching on a TV won't know if a video or subscribe button should even be there

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use the Youtube's own end screen because the links of the video can be accessed even on mobile

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the youtube end screen doesnt work on tv?
I've been playing around with the youtube end screen, but making a template for it. It works great. But the only problem is it doesn't work on TV so anyone watching that video will just get the template I created. Which is annoying. I might just make a generic template with just my logo and social media icons instead. That way anyone watching on a TV won't know if a video or subscribe button should even be there
the youtube end screen doesnt work on tv? What platform?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

Tried it on my girlfriends tv through a nowtv box on the youtube app and it doesn't display. I'm guessing because end screens are interactive content which I'm guessing you'd need a certain type of smart tv to display it[DOUBLEPOST=1487588873,1487588851][/DOUBLEPOST]

Tried it on my girlfriends tv through a nowtv box on the youtube app and it doesn't display. I'm guessing because end screens are interactive content which I'm guessing you'd need a certain type of smart tv to display it

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
right on, so end screen or annotation wouldnt make a difference in that situation. I though end screens were a works everywhere thing but its sgood to kow they arent