Is it alright to not have a theme for your channel in the beginning?

Eva Jupiter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys!
Well my first video I posted was a DIY for dog sweaters and now I just uploaded a cinematic video. I am just wondering if it looks weird if videos are different genres on one channel?

I personally don't know what my niche is but it sounds appealing to make different genre videos such as diy, cooking, short films, advice, challenges, etc.

Do you personally feel a channel looks messy with videos with different topics/genres? :)

THANKS!<3

Reactions: IceTwig

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is messy so I'm guessing it's partly to do with why my channel is slowing
Down. But I guess if your content is good enough what else matters?

Reactions: Eva Jupiter

IceTwig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi guys!
Well my first video I posted was a DIY for dog sweaters and now I just uploaded a cinematic video. I am just wondering if it looks weird if videos are different genres on one channel?
I personally don't know what my niche is but it sounds appealing to make different genre videos such as diy, cooking, short films, advice, challenges, etc.

Do you personally feel a channel looks messy with videos with different topics/genres? :)

THANKS!<3
Of course it's okay! YouTube is about expressing yourself and your interests. Doing a lot of different types of videos just shows that you have a lot of interests.
The only downside may be that it'll be more difficult to appeal to a large amount of people. Most people just want to see content on one or two things instead of a lot of different things.
Personally i think it's cool though

Eva Jupiter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is messy so I'm guessing it's partly to do with why my channel is slowing
Down. But I guess if your content is good enough what else matters?
Your channel is really good I just checked it out! Its cool cause it has lots of different games :D
But yeah I really agree with you it's all about the content that will make people stick around :)[DOUBLEPOST=1497576927,1497576438][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course it's okay! YouTube is about expressing yourself and your interests. Doing a lot of different types of videos just shows that you have a lot of interests.
The only downside may be that it'll be more difficult to appeal to a large amount of people. Most people just want to see content on one or two things instead of a lot of different things.
Personally i think it's cool though
Thank you so much for your advice! :D Yeah I agree cause it also can show different types of talent and make you more well rounded :)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like it is a great idea to have a variety of videos on your channel! My channel will be diys, challenges, top 5 (insert topic here) music progress videos, and hopefully one day vlogs. so you definitely aren't the only one with this thought that it is bad, but in the end i bet it will all turn out good!

MAXX ADORNO

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Its alright to have your channel a little messy at the star, but i feel like over time you will find the videos that you are either really passionate about making or getting a lot of view, hopefully both. hope this helps.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
a variety of videos isn't bad. I think it's actually quite normal especially starting out b/c you're finding your own groove. over time, you'll probably start to feel what videos you want to do; it will become a natural thing.

Psychotic Squirrel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is not a big deal in the beginning while you are finding your niche, however once your channel starts to gain some traction i'd recommend trying to hone down what its going to be about. in the meantime, experiment away! :)

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think in the beginning its ok to be nicheless and just see what you like making. It can be differcult to promote your videos though and gain a following but either you nichelessness is so good that is your niche in the end or you will find your way into a niche over time.

You could review you channel after a year or so and see what videos are good (for you and your audience) and create your niche that way :)