Is Hyperx Cloud Core Headset good for gaming?

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm planning to buy a new headset and I've been eyeing Hyperx headsets. Did anyone else tried them? Is the microphone good quality?

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to have the Turtle Beach X12's for about 3 years when I was a console gamer, when I found out that the sound quality on PC wasn't that good, I bought the HyperX Cloud I's.

This is from my own personal experience, and not influenced by reviews/critique:
  • The sound-cancelling is incredible. You can really focus on your game (footsteps, minor sound output, etc.)
  • The microphone quality is good for gaming/VOIP, but not incredible for broadcasting/commentary.
  • They are REALLY comfortable. With the headset I had, you had the choice of leather or those plasticy type ear-cups.
  • The sound quality is really good; although you WILL need to apply a bass-boost through Windows Audio Mixer, as the HyperX's don't have natural bass boost.
  • Above all, IMO, they are affordable; and a really good place to start with PC Gaming.
tl;dr - Awesome headset, affordable, the microphone is good quality, but I opt to use the Blue Snowball for recording, not the headset microphone.

If you want to hear a soundtest or something, feel free to forum PM or tweet at me.

Hope this helps! :)

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to have the Turtle Beach X12's for about 3 years when I was a console gamer, when I found out that the sound quality on PC wasn't that good, I bought the HyperX Cloud I's.

This is from my own personal experience, and not influenced by reviews/critique:
  • The sound-cancelling is incredible. You can really focus on your game (footsteps, minor sound output, etc.)
  • The microphone quality is good for gaming/VOIP, but not incredible for broadcasting/commentary.
  • They are REALLY comfortable. With the headset I had, you had the choice of leather or those plasticy type ear-cups.
  • The sound quality is really good; although you WILL need to apply a bass-boost through Windows Audio Mixer, as the HyperX's don't have natural bass boost.
  • Above all, IMO, they are affordable; and a really good place to start with PC Gaming.
tl;dr - Awesome headset, affordable, the microphone is good quality, but I opt to use the Blue Snowball for recording, not the headset microphone.

If you want to hear a soundtest or something, feel free to forum PM or tweet at me.

Hope this helps! :)
Really helped a lot. Thank you! I wanted to buy it for it's microphone but maybe I'll try it out before I buy the Snowball microphone

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Really helped a lot. Thank you! I wanted to buy it for it's microphone but maybe I'll try it out before I buy the Snowball microphone
Yeah the microphone is fine for VOIP, It's what I use for TeamSpeak and in-game audio, but if you want a better sounding broadcasting microphone; a desktop microphone (specifically the Snowball) is a great place to start. :)

Reactions: CandyPhantom