Is Gopro the best? Or should I look at Akaso?

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been really wanting a gopro 7 black with the hypersmooth stabilization and voice control as both would help me shoot better video from my wheelchair. My aim is to have clear video and high quality of places that I go like nature parks, in the woods, at the beach, anything outdoors and nature related. So I'm debating whether Gopro is the best and worth it to spend the $400.

I came across the Akaso V50 which lists similar gopro 7 black specs and costs 139.99, big prize difference. It says: "SUPERB IMAGE STABLIZATION: Built-in Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), your V50 Elite action camera predicts your movements and corrects for camera shake to deliver insanely smooth footage."

But a review says that image stabilization is better when using gimbal. I'd hate to buy the cheaper one and then find that gopro is the best and worth the extra money.

I'd greatly appreciate all feedback and experience with either of these cameras and recommendations.

Thank you

Reactions: videoeditgr

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
To be clear I don’t have that particular camera to give you specific facts about it. I still believe the GoPro will offer better quality and features though.

Some features that I see missing from that cheaper alternative include waterproof body (instead of using a case) and protune settings. I am skeptical on true camera and picture quality. I have a Hero 6 and a 7 coming in and these things are incredible.

At that price the AKASO seems to be worth it (at least on paper) but I am skeptical it will truly match the quality of the GoPro. Also, keep in mind if you shop around holidays you are very likely to get $50 off the GoPro, which is great value.

That’s my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
As above, i have no first hand experiences but between EIS and gimbal I go with the second one. Electronics cannot always handle shakyness. A gimbal can. In fact i use a session 4 gopro on a gimbal and 90% footage is usable whatever my moves are. Notice that many people lately point that gopro 7 overheats in no time at timelapse mode....

:)