Is better to upload during the day or at night?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the summer Is it better to upload videos during the day or at night?

I know everyone’s answers is going to be different based on your audience, but I was just curious.

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Depends where most your audience is, check your analytics and work out where most your viewers live and work with that timezone, maybe not Friday or Saturday night since most people may be out.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I tend to think sometime in the morning Pacific Time zone is probably the best, but it depends on your channel. I think the majority of the world is awake at that time because people who live in the Pacific Ocean are sleeping. :eek: Not many people live in the Pacific Ocean...so...that's when I try to upload! ^_^

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tend to think sometime in the morning Pacific Time zone is probably the best, but it depends on your channel. I think the majority of the world is awake at that time because people who live in the Pacific Ocean are sleeping. :eek: Not many people live in the Pacific Ocean...so...that's when I try to upload! ^_^
I usually upload during the day, but I’ve been crazy busy lately trying to figure out college stuff for the fall. These past few videos I ended up not being able to upload until night but it’s was too late tonight so I decided to publish it. That happened to me a few videos ago and i decided to go ahead and publish it even though it was late so I didn’t end up missing a an upload day a a lot of my subscribers didn’t get the notification, so now even if I’m a couple days late I guess it’s better than publishing it at 11:00 at night

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I usually try to upload around noon or 1pm central time since that's either lunch or still somewhat early morning for people depending on what timezone they're in (also because for some reason thats when I get a good chunk of people to watch my videos) but I was really busy one day so I uploaded at like 6 or 7pm on a Sunday and that video did extremely well! I genuinely think that maybe its the day AND time that matters more so than just the time, but this could just be an isolated incident honestly!

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Usually around the middle of the day is the safest time for me, afternoon and evening are the worst, 3 or 4am until noon is best, but I think it's because my audience is very very spread out. My watchtime in the last 28 days is from many different countries with the largest being US and India. Weekends are the best for me, between 9am-noon on saturday or sunday is like 30% better than any weekday in terms of view velocity.

AlexLee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the summer Is it better to upload videos during the day or at night?

I know everyone’s answers is going to be different based on your audience, but I was just curious.
Your right it does depend on the audience, but as a general rule. The best posting times are usually 1pm-3pm Eastern standard time