Is Being Content ID Claimed Bad?

EcCeNTriC Cuddles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
One of my video recently got claimed, for a song that I used. Is that a bad thing because I don't really monetize my videos, nor planned to; is it still bad for me because my videos and channel are still up and that's what I care the most, so I don't think it's really going to hurt me by much, aside from ads playing on my video. Am I even allowed to disclose it or will I get in trouble by the claimer, for saying it in the first place? Can I say the person or thing who claimed it or am I not allow to say this person's or thing's name? What are your guys' thought about this?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had one of those years ago and hasnt had any ill effect on the channel.
I built a fibreglass subwoofer enclosure and played a sample song and it got claimed. I just accepted it and the video is still live. It just meant that any revenue earned from ads on the video thereafter would go to them. I found that views did fall shortly after on that video and not sure if its connected.

Reactions: EcCeNTriC Cuddles

EcCeNTriC Cuddles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I had one of those years ago and hasnt had any ill effect on the channel.
I built a fibreglass subwoofer enclosure and played a sample song and it got claimed. I just accepted it and the video is still live. It just meant that any revenue earned from ads on the video thereafter would go to them. I found that views did fall shortly after on that video and not sure if its connected.
That's good to hear, well aside from the view shortage. I'll probably just leave my video the way it is, if it's not causing really much of a problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1523353794,1523353484][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a right of passage.
Sorry to ask, but what does that mean?

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your channel should be okay I think. I wouldn't worry about it. I think alot of people have had that happen

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just meant it happens to a lot of people at some point. I mainly do gaming stuff, (and a lot of it is Nintendo stuff) so I'm content ID's on 70 percent of what I make anyway.

EcCeNTriC Cuddles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Your channel should be okay I think. I wouldn't worry about it. I think alot of people have had that happen
That's a relief. That is unfortunate for that many people to be content claimed[DOUBLEPOST=1523443839,1523443778][/DOUBLEPOST]
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)
Oh thank you, sorry about that.[DOUBLEPOST=1523444130][/DOUBLEPOST]It would be nice if that doesn't happen X)[DOUBLEPOST=1523444311][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just meant it happens to a lot of people at some point. I mainly do gaming stuff, (and a lot of it is Nintendo stuff) so I'm content ID's on 70 percent of what I make anyway.
Nintendo, yeah. Things are always going to get a little shaky with Nintendo.