Is anyone earning full-time money from YouTube.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
An interesting topic, I must say i'm very surprised (in a good way) that people are earning any form of income with youtube ( i expected you'd need millions of subs to earn anything)

All very inspiring stuff to keep making videos :)

Reactions: Viral John

Viral John

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well monetizing is only eligible after your channel have 10,000 view.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
An interesting topic, I must say i'm very surprised (in a good way) that people are earning any form of income with youtube ( i expected you'd need millions of subs to earn anything)

All very inspiring stuff to keep making videos :)
So, subs don't directly affect revenue, though having millions of subs usually also means you are getting tons of views.

In my channel's case, I was getting around 3M views per month at 20K subscribers at the beginning of 2017 and I'm now getting almost 7M per month at 52K subscribers.

But only views with ads on them that don't get blocked or skipped actually make money. Out of all those views, only about 1/3 of them were "monetized playbacks".

Every 1,000 monetized playbacks has, on average, gotten me about $1.36 USD.

Edit: 1,000, not 100 monetized playbacks.

Last edited:

Viral John

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, subs don't directly affect revenue, though having millions of subs usually also means you are getting tons of views.

In my channel's case, I was getting around 3M views per month at 20K subscribers at the beginning of 2017 and I'm now getting almost 7M per month at 52K subscribers.

But only views with ads on them that don't get blocked or skipped actually make money. Out of all those views, only about 1/3 of them were "monetized playbacks".

Every 100 monetized playbacks has, on average, gotten me about $1.36 USD.
Dude can you please clarify more about monetizing.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Dude can you please clarify more about monetizing.
When you monetize a video, ads play on it sometimes. In my channel's case, ads play about 1/3 of the time a video is viewed.
You only make money when ads are played. In my channel's case, I make about 14 cents every time 100 ads are played.
So, if I want to make $1, I need to have about 714 ads play, which would take about 2,143 total views.

Money comes from ads, and ads come from views. Subs help you get consistent views because they represent people who like your channel and hopefully will watch what you upload.

Savvy?

Last edited:

Viral John

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you monetize a video, ads play on it sometimes. In my channel's case, ads play about 1/3 of the time a video is viewed.
You only make money when ads are played. In my channel's case, I make about 14 cents every time 100 ads are played.
So, if I want to make $1, I need to have about 714 ads play, which would take about 2,143 total views.

Money comes from ads, and ads come from views. Subs help you get consistent views because they represent people who like you channel and hopefully will watch what you upload.

Savvy?
Got it :) thanks for the clarification dude.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I work on YouTube full time, but I certainly don't get full time earnings lol
still its a nice support

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I definitely don´t earn full time, I haven´t even gotten my first pay from youtube yet. I have earned less than a third of that goal, in my three years on youtube!
But I don´t do it for the money, even though it would be cool! I do youtube youtube to force me out in the world!