Is anyone earning full-time money from YouTube.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
No income here, by choice. But even if I enabled monetization, with just 4 months in I'd probably be making $1 a month. I used to work a 9-5:30 insurance job (yes, 9-5:30 is 7:30 hours accounting 1 hour lunch, but I still got paid 8 hours) and now got a new job which is much better and nets me more money. Same thing, 7:30 hours but paid 8 (they don't count the 2 15 minute breaks) It doesn't make me rich, but it allows me to pay the bills, the rent and occasionally treat myself or my equipment. Who knows, maybe one day. I'm not counting on it though.
That reminds me: I used to work at this computer shop. The hiring process consisted of me turning in my application, him asking me if I "knew computers", asking if I knew how to install Windows, and telling me to sit down and take over for him installing Windows on a customer's computer. The hours of operation were Tue-Sat, 10 am to 6 pm. No Monday because he didn't like working Mondays, and 10 because he doesn't like getting up earlier. Most weeks it was just me and I wouldn't even see him once. I was given the keys and had to open the shop at 10 every morning and work until 6. If I wanted lunch, he said to grab something while there were no customers. At the end of the day I was to grab $60 out of the register for my day's pay and lock up.

Also, we just got approved for the new place tonight! It will be ready to move in on the 23rd, which is perfect because we owe $1,099 on that day and it's also when I'm getting September's Adsense money. One of the best things about this new place is we can stop paying for a storage unit since we'll have a garage and room for everything to fit in there. Also they allow pets, unlike my current apartment. We have 2 cats and in order to have even 1, my wife has a doctor's note. But the other has to stay at my parents' house for the time being. Now that we are getting this new place, we can have both cats again! My wife also really likes the walk-in closet in the master bedroom.

Last edited:

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Hello all,

I wanted to ask you if anyone of you guys is earning full time money from your YouTube channel(s).
What I mean is if you are able to make videos and make money equivalent to a 9-5 job earnings!

Thanks again!
By youtube alone no..... But adsense hell yeah. This is why I won't ever be depending on YouTube alone, especially if they have a history of demonetizing videos randomly. With adsense (blogging) I am actually living a life, I can pay my own bills, save up for vacations, spend on investments and have some fun........ but first I have to pay back the money I borrowed from my mom and sister. Soon I am able to live life after I paid every penny back to my family.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Also, we just got approved for the new place tonight! It will be ready to move in on the 23rd, which is perfect because we owe $1,099 on that day and it's also when I'm getting September's Adsense money.
That's absolutely fantastic, and quite inspiring to hear that you've grown your channel to the point that it is now bringing in a meaningful income. I won't be surprised if you post on here one day to say that you are leaving your regular job and going full time on your channel.

With adsense (blogging) I am actually living a life, I can pay my own bills, save up for vacations, spend on investments and have some fun........ but first I have to pay back the money I borrowed from my mom and sister. Soon I am able to live life after I paid every penny back to my family.
Also - super-inspiring. I don't hear much about traditional bloggers any more, so it's good to know that you can still make a good living from doing that.

Reactions: Idec Sdawkminn

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Even most big YouTubers have a side-job or something they do. YT is not a steady job and you can lose it all in a day.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's absolutely fantastic, and quite inspiring to hear that you've grown your channel to the point that it is now bringing in a meaningful income. I won't be surprised if you post on here one day to say that you are leaving your regular job and going full time on your channel.
We're in the new place now. It was actually around $2,600 to move in with the deposit and next month combined. It would be awesome to be supported solely by my channel, but I'm not going to quit my job until the income from that is a small enough percentage of my total income that it's no long worth going to work every day.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Esther

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not a full time income no, but enough a month to save for my first holiday abroad next year!
nice!! where are you going?[DOUBLEPOST=1509237635,1509237243][/DOUBLEPOST]
We're in the new place now. It was actually around $2,600 to move in with the deposit and next month combined. It would be awesome to be supported solely by my channel, but I'm not going to quit my job until the income from that is a small enough percentage of my total income that it's no long worth going to work every day.
goals

Viral John

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How much does one really earn from YT, I mean whats the stats Is it Subs Views or Ads?