Is A Company Trying To Scam Me?

Ruskie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread.

Basically this is all to do with a brand deal. Essentially a 3rd party company has arranged a deal with audible for $1,000 for 100,000 views. Now the thing is I am fairly sure this is a ludicrous under payment for that so I haven't accepted any deal but it has got me wondering is this a fair deal because I don't know?

To get things straight I'm not saying audible is trying to scam me. I mean if I were a company and someone came up saying they represent a channel who is looking for $1,000 for 100k views of course I'd say yes immediately. The problem is with this 3rd party company that organises these deals and gets paid a rate for each one they bring to the company. This companies name is Seismic if that rings any bells.

The thing is a separate guy organised a separate deal with Skillshare for $2,000 for 80k views 2 weeks ago. That means audible is offering 50% less money for 25% more views.

A few details about my channel. Its called the closer look and has a really solid engagement rate. So it should really be receiving one of the higher rates for brand deals.

What do you guys think? Personally I think this guy from seismic is just being lazy and wants an easy paycheck so cant be arsed to haggle but I don't know. I would greatly appreciate some insight on this matter because it has been on my mind for a while.

All the best,
- Henry

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Monetization / Partnership discussion forum. ^_^

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I've read your message about 6 times now and am still confused.

What do they expect you to do for the $1000? Are you advertising something for them? Who are audible? I've googled them and I'm still none the wiser.

I checked out your channel by the way - my compliments. It's incredible what you have achieved with just 24 videos posted.

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Who are audible? I've googled them and I'm still none the wiser.
"Audible is a seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming on the Internet. Audible sells digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers." As I have seen on one YT channel, you advertise their company or particular audiobook on your video via speech/text.

The thing is a separate guy organised a separate deal with Skillshare for $2,000 for 80k views 2 weeks ago. That means audible is offering 50% less money for 25% more views.
Why are you comparing two different companies with different business models? Maybe one of the companies can afford to pay that amount while the other one can't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yachts For Sale