Is 50+ views good for a first video ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseCore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey guys, I uploaded my first video a day ago and it got around 50+ views.
I was wondering if that was a good milestone for a first video. I did all the SEO things.

How many views got your first video ?

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys, I uploaded my first video a day ago and it got around 50+ views.
I was wondering if that was a good milestone for a first video. I did all the SEO things.

How many views got your first video ?
Mine was so long ago (6 years), that I honestly don't remember. First day's views depend on many factors; your video genre, the time of day you post, how or if you promote it, etc. I'd say personally that if this was your very first, that is a good view rate; because as far as YouTube is concerned, you are a brand new creator who no one knows anything about at the moment.

Reactions: WiseCore

WiseCore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Mine was so long ago (6 years), that I honestly don't remember. First day's views depend on many factors; your video genre, the time of day you post, how or if you promote it, etc. I'd say personally that if this was your very first, that is a good view rate; because as far as YouTube is concerned, you are a brand new creator who no one knows anything about at the moment.
Yeah that's true

Reactions: UKHypnotist

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It's pretty good, a lot of people (depending on their content) do get less, especially gaming channels. Keep it up, the more videos you put down, the better views/watch/retention time and sub base you get the more you'll rank better in YouTubes algorithm. The more watch time the better because YouTube likes to push videos that people stay on longer for (ad purposes = money for them)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah that's true
And that is on my current main channel. my very first was actually over a decade ago, and even harder to recall. Keep up the great posting work and see where you are at the end of six months. Have you set a posting schedule and placed it in your channel description? If you do that, it will generate more interest in your content if you stick to it.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It kind of depends. How did you promote it? If you just promoted on twitter and other social media sites i would awesome. Not that i think reddit views are cheap, but they can skew who actually viewed your video. Like there is a reddit place called NewTubers where its a small community of 50-200 regular posters, and if you post a video there for a review youll get at least 30-100 views depending on the day. But its still a good start. I think my intro video/first video on my channel got 200+ views the first 24 hours up, but i posted in a few threads on the NewTubers page to get feedback.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think for a first video, it's probably a good start. As you learn how to promote and gain viewers and subscribers, it will definitely go up with each upload (or at least should). Congrats!

WiseCore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It kind of depends. How did you promote it? If you just promoted on twitter and other social media sites i would awesome. Not that i think reddit views are cheap, but they can skew who actually viewed your video. Like there is a reddit place called NewTubers where its a small community of 50-200 regular posters, and if you post a video there for a review youll get at least 30-100 views depending on the day. But its still a good start. I think my intro video/first video on my channel got 200+ views the first 24 hours up, but i posted in a few threads on the NewTubers page to get feedback.
I didn't know that NewTubers thing on reddit, maybe I could give it a try if you say so :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482849986,1482849955][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think for a first video, it's probably a good start. As you learn how to promote and gain viewers and subscribers, it will definitely go up with each upload (or at least should). Congrats!
Thanks!

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I didn't know that NewTubers thing on reddit, maybe I could give it a try if you say so :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482849986,1482849955][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks!
yeah its a smaller community than this. But there are some good people on there and you can get some good critiques sometimes. Other times people wont even watch your videos.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Questions about whether one's statistics are good or bad are some of the most frequently asked questions on this forum. This forum cannot have everyone asking if their statistics are okay -- and therefore, these kinds of threads are locked.

Please check out the YouTube Tutorials, and Articles forum for some help:
http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tutorials-articles-resources.10/

We also have the Channel Reviews / Feedback forum that can be helpful:
http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/

And there is also an abundance of information in the Strategies and Technique forum:
http://yttalk.com/forums/strategies-technique-advice.14/

I wish you the best. :)

Reactions: Riddikore
Status
Not open for further replies.