IRL or Gaming channel?

WavyBenji

Reaction score
Ok, little backstory. I’m 15 so of course I have a lot of free time, I want to start up a YouTube channel for the video game nba2k20. But after I get a little exposure from that I wanted to more to IRL videos like pranks vlogs and other stuff. Should I start with IRL videos or gaming. For IRL videos they’re sort of easier to record and edit but I’d need a more interesting life... because I stay inside a lot. But if I start with 2k, I can spend my time inside playing making content. Then once I inspire my friends to do YouTube and such or friend a group of cool people I can move to irl videos. Any feedback? thank you!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ok, little backstory. I’m 15 so of course I have a lot of free time, I want to start up a YouTube channel for the video game nba2k20. But after I get a little exposure from that I wanted to more to IRL videos like pranks vlogs and other stuff. Should I start with IRL videos or gaming. For IRL videos they’re sort of easier to record and edit but I’d need a more interesting life... because I stay inside a lot. But if I start with 2k, I can spend my time inside playing making content. Then once I inspire my friends to do YouTube and such or friend a group of cool people I can move to irl videos. Any feedback? thank you!

Based on what you've said here, I think you should start with the gaming videos. Use the time making them to get better at making videos, SEO, making thumbnails, audio and video production etc. Also try to take up some real-life hobbies in order to get more of an "interesting life" !

If / when you decide to do some IRL videos, I'd recommend you start a separate channel for them but you can of course promote that channel on your gaming channel. :)