Involving your audience

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you go about involving your audience on YouTube? This is something I have struggled with myself due to my channels nature, I have only really allowed background and icon requests but coming to think of it I have never specifically asked for my audience to request them. I am too busy for requests these days but it could have been something I should have done back when I wasn't so busy.

How do you involve the people that watch your videos? Have you noticed them returning at all? Do you have any people who are constantly involved and always come back to get involved?

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe at the end of some videos say (If you have any requests for other thing for this program or any of these (list items) then comment them) Im not sure if you do do this, but maybe it would get more interest in your videos.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe at the end of some videos say (If you have any requests for other thing for this program or any of these (list items) then comment them) Im not sure if you do do this, but maybe it would get more interest in your videos.
Not a bad idea, at least asking them something could help and is better than nothing. I wasnt specifically asking for advice here by the way, I wanted to hear about what people here do when it comes to involving their audiences :)

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm going to start vlogging, and I plan on these videos asking people to get in touch with me via twitter, YouTube or Yttalk about new ideas and such. I think I'm going to do two-three vlogs a month — one will review the previous month, which will also pimp out the videos I made that month and ask for people to watch, comment and offer feedback. The other will kind of run down what I'm doing this month, do some shoutouts to people who subbed me and try to get some views for them. The third (if I go through with it, will be more link a rant deal).

Before I got on here, I used to put people's Facebook comments under my FB links in the opening credits of This Week in America Today. If you watch the older ones, you'll see them.

Reactions: The Beer Inspector

Voice of Vanessa

Dimple-Smiles <3
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
At the end of my main vlog videos I ask a question regarding what I talked about in my video.
Ex: A Vlog About Things that annoy me
Question: What are some things that annoy you guys (audience)

Ex: Grocery Shopping
Question: What is something you CAN'T leave the grocery store without buying?

Things like that... ^_^

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm going to start vlogging, and I plan on these videos asking people to get in touch with me via twitter, YouTube or Yttalk about new ideas and such. I think I'm going to do two-three vlogs a month — one will review the previous month, which will also pimp out the videos I made that month and ask for people to watch, comment and offer feedback. The other will kind of run down what I'm doing this month, do some shoutouts to people who subbed me and try to get some views for them. The third (if I go through with it, will be more link a rant deal).

Before I got on here, I used to put people's Facebook comments under my FB links in the opening credits of This Week in America Today. If you watch the older ones, you'll see them.
This is something I need to consider.
--- merged: May 4, 2012 5:22 AM ---
I'm starting a shoutout show every week.
I do that in my videos. I give a genuine shout out to the "Commenter Of The Week".

People love hearing their names being said on youtube.