Intro/Outro Thoughts?

MAGnify

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hey everyone, I am curious as to what people think about intro's and outro's. I personally do not believe in intros because introducing yourself personally is more genuine than having an animation do it for you.. I am thinking about doing atleast an outro for my channel. So what do you guys think of outros? What is a reasonable outro time limit? I am looking at making my outro atleast 15-20 seconds long..

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Youtube allows endcards for 20 seconds at the end of your video, intros are good, but i'd rather use the first few seconds of the video to draw the viewers attention and set the tone of the video. Intro's have this negative effect of only having one tone, and if your personality and the intro tone clash then sometimes you get this really weird confusing tone. Outros are great, as they provide a way for you to redirect people to other videos, so if you are going to do them be sure to include those end card features to move traffic around.

MAGnify

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
be sure to include those end card features to move traffic around.
Yes the video I am rendering right now will have a 20 second basic outro alongside the end cards when I upload

Reactions: Sladee

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I used to have a 10 second long intro until recently. I had now cut that down to 4 seconds. I now have a short clip that I play after saying hi to everyone and what the recipe is about. I don't have an outro, but I play a graphic for the last 15 seconds where my endcards go.

JoycelynsLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that short intros around 3 seconds are fine, longer ones may cause viewers to click away. (Btw, to count as a view on YouTube, viewers have to watch for at least 3 seconds.) Outros are fine with end cards as they act as a call to action to watch the next video or subscribe, etc.

ThisisJericho

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm thinking about doing this right now. I think a consistent intro helps but I wouldn't make it too long. And the outro I would just do those check out my last video type deal

Reactions: JoycelynsLife