Intro & outro: can it be added in Youtube video manager?

Leeroi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi,

1/ i'd like to use the same (short) intro and outro in all my videos. Is this something that has to be added in the final edit of your video in your editing software (iMovie, Final Cut Pro, ..) or can it be added (and changed at a later time) in Youtube?

2/ also, can you add thumbnails in youtube after the video is allready uploaded? (and change them t a later time?)

3/ are there any other variables that are best added in youtube instead of in your editing software?

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Leeroi,

1 - In your editing software.
2 - Yes you can.
3 - Honestly the only part I 'do' in YT is add annotations/endscreen elements/tags etc. (the usual - I dont actually edit the video once it comes out of my editing program)

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
1) You have to do it in your final edit. You can't add an intro or change intros later on once they get uploaded. Some big time YouTubers I noticed have but I can't tell you much about that.

2) You can change your Custom Thumbnails anytime you want. The ones that YouTube selects for you from the video will stay the same.

3) I don't see any reason to use YouTube Editing for anything unless you need to cut something out. It takes several days to process so it's not a quick thing. I say stick with your major editing software.