Intro Length?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you think is the best length for a YouTube video intro? I am in two minds about this because sometimes I think one of around 8 seconds is alright and I also think something nice and short at around 3-4 seconds is best.

What length do you like yourself and do 10 second and longer intros put you off watching the video at all?

I am asking this to get an idea of what you all do and also because I might try making some original intro music to share on the forums as I cannot make full length songs too well :D

lilrabbit

gaming, editing, intros, and fun :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
my intro is about 8 seconds. it all depends on how much you want the intro to say or do.

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Best would be 5-10 seconds. Well, my intro is probably just a text. Like saying Benchmark blah blah blah. Anyways, I keep forgetting to put that intro so yeah.:))

MrLionProductions

I've Got It
Reaction score
i think 10 seconds is to much, unless it is really engaging and has a lot going on but i think everyone should stick to 7 or 8 seconds or less

Jonathan Gaurano

Reaction score
What do you think is the best length for a YouTube video intro? I am in two minds about this because sometimes I think one of around 8 seconds is alright and I also think something nice and short at around 3-4 seconds is best.

What length do you like yourself and do 10 second and longer intros put you off watching the video at all?

I am asking this to get an idea of what you all do and also because I might try making some original intro music to share on the forums as I cannot make full length songs too well :D
Looking back the famous Zefrank and Vlogbrothers. Their introductions are round 3-6seconds long. The shorter and shocker the better. Also, something quite consistent helps greatly. :)

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My intro is 7 seconds, it's pretty simple but I like it:

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't even have an intro, that's how hardcore I am. Well that's a lie, there are intros on a couple of my videos, there around 3-6 seconds long I think... any longer is a waste in my opinion.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't even have an intro, that's how hardcore I am. Well that's a lie, there are intros on a couple of my videos, there around 3-6 seconds long I think... any longer is a waste in my opinion.
I once seem a 3 minute long intro... felt part dead by the end :L

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
must've been pretty epic. Or not if you felt dead...

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like to keep it under 12 secs all though some videos I have actual info on the video in my intro. And in that case its longer.