Intro and Outro Signature Phrases

Beastby

Designer, gamer, lion tamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys and gals,

A lot of YouTubers have signature phrases they use in their videos but there is also the standard "Whats up guys, XXXX here" which I am guilty of using, I feel like I need something more interesting.

I was curious if anyone here has signature phrases they use or have started using recently, and how it has worked out for you. I've seen many YouTubers with them and noticed it helped with the flow of the video.

I think your attitude and tone of voice is probably more important than if you have something edgy to say but I'm interested to know what you guys do.

Beastby

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
You want your first few words of your video to be indulging, usually I just say something like what's up and welcome back to whatever the video is, if it's a let's play I would probably go "What's up guys! Welcome back to "Insert Game Name Here"", and try to be very enthusiastic saying it, add more energy to that one sentence than you would in the entire video, because at the end of the day, your introduction to a video could make or break it. ;)

Reactions: Kevin hummel

Beastby

Designer, gamer, lion tamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's what I'm saying. Many videos start with very general words but the delivery is what grabs me.

I'm just exploring the idea of using signature phrases and if they benefit the channel at all.

There are some YouTubers that have signature phrases and through using them so much it has become a very natural sounding expression and it can draw people in. I think it can add a level of professionalism and consistency to their videos.

I'm just curious to know how everyone feels about them.

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
I normally just say "Hey Guys" and thats it really, it just depends on how I start recording as sometimes my friends do the intro for me.

LowKeyATheorist

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I had another channel that I've since deleted, and I started every video saying, "Hello, human race!" it's simple, short, and memorable. I think a simple "Hey guys" is fine, but less memorable.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree that It's all about the energy and tone of delivery.

Look at guys like Peter Mckinnon, 2.8 mil subs and it's his almost nervous excitement that gets you hooked.

He could literally (sometimes he does) waffle about on a complete tangent but he delivers it in a way that you don't hit stop. :giggle:

CaddyBou

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Something interesting and out of the norm can help, such as:
'Hello Fellow beings'
'Welcome Back Intellects'
or something like that!

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
In those rare cases I use a voiceover or even more rare, facecam, I start with a phrase like "hello youtube".
My "signature outro" is a text screen saying "Thanks for watching" with an abstract background (same background as in the intro screen)
The intro/outro music is a direct reference to the video. No I don't use those flashy Panzoid intros with Dubstep music...

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I start off each video with a boastful statement that is also a pun that ties into the video topic. For example my next video which about lightbulbs (yes really!) I say “in the darkness that is youtube I’m lighting the way” another video was about boxing and I said “the undisputed champ of video”

Maybe you could do that in your own way?

• Haha
Reactions: PeechiLearningTree

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been thinking of ending all my videos with the catchphrase "I hate you all", but I don't know, I was thinking maybe saying "I swear to harambe if you don't subscribe, I will take down hentaihaven" would be more appropriate. It just kinda depends on what you want to do.