Other Interviewing MMO and online game players [PC]

ThePrinceofMillAve

The Dark Heart of My Little Pwny
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hails everyone,

Do you play Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games or online games on the PC? I ask because I've been involved in a long YouTube of interviewing people who play these sorts of games.

Above is the pitch video.

If you play any of these games or any like them then I'd love for you to come on my show and talk about your gaming experience: World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, RuneScape, Team Fortress 2, Luvinia Online, Maple Story, The Secret World, Star Wars Online, Star Trek Online, etc.

The idea is to interview people in the game that they play, "filming" them with their avatar while on Skype.

If you'd like to speak about your online experience to my YouTube audience of anthropologists and general gamers, then go ahead and comment in this thread with what game you'd like to do it in. And you can also check out my channel to see what interviews are like.

Keep in mind, I'll be happy to add annotations to send people to your YouTube channel and allow you to speak about your channel or project so that you can get promotion and publicity for that.

Thanks all! Questions welcome.

Christopher

16Davies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm kind of confused as to the concept here. Do you want people to record themselves playing whilst talking to you?

ThePrinceofMillAve

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ah, I wouldn't mind signing up for that, but I'm not really a pro at games.
That's fine! I'm not really looking for "pros" per se, I interview both casual and hardcore gamers.

My channel focuses primarily on people who play games online with other people, thus MMOs and online games, so if you fit that bill and would be willing to join me on Skype and in a game it'd be golden. I study the anthropology of MMO games (thus "MMO Anthropology") which focuses most on how people use online gaming to form relationships, entertain themselves, and how it changes their own personal worlds.

Any game in particular you have in mind? I'll have to make sure I have it installed, heh.

Christopher

16Davies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's fine! I'm not really looking for "pros" per se, I interview both casual and hardcore gamers.

My channel focuses primarily on people who play games online with other people, thus MMOs and online games, so if you fit that bill and would be willing to join me on Skype and in a game it'd be golden. I study the anthropology of MMO games (thus "MMO Anthropology") which focuses most on how people use online gaming to form relationships, entertain themselves, and how it changes their own personal worlds.

Any game in particular you have in mind? I'll have to make sure I have it installed, heh.
Well guild wars 2 releases this saturday, which I'm really excited for, or we could do team fortress 2 if you don't have guild wars 2

ThePrinceofMillAve

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well guild wars 2 releases this saturday, which I'm really excited for, or we could do team fortress 2 if you don't have guild wars 2
Ah ha! I will have GW2. I have it pre-ordered. I haven't done an interview in that yet so it'll be exclusive to you in that fashion. So we'll just have to set something for next week-ish or whenever I get it installed and I'll just come back and prod you in a PM or what not to see when you've got time and we can put something together.

Christopher

16Davies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ah ha! I will have GW2. I have it pre-ordered. I haven't done an interview in that yet so it'll be exclusive to you in that fashion. So we'll just have to set something for next week-ish or whenever I get it installed and I'll just come back and prod you in a PM or what not to see when you've got time and we can put something together.
Alright, cool, I was going to start filming a playthrough of it, so I'll leave a character slot spare for our recording, it'll make things easier to meet up in the game.

UnfortunatelyUnpros

UB3R HAX0R L337 B0X0RZ
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think it would be cool to do one of these, I can do GW2 or WoW, more likely Gw2