Interview and live song from Opaque

jazzyisme

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
hi guys,
I love music and know so many talented musicians , so I'm doing of interviews with interesting people and where they are musicians I am putting up live videos to accompany them. This week I spoke with Moony from Opaque a Gypsy jazz/electronica band. He was so interesting and actually started playing because of a run in with the law.

please check out the interview:

and the live music:

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Really nice video and interview. Two things I noticed:

1. The volume is a bit low, if there's any way you could turn it up a bit.

2. Sometimes you seem to reflexively say "Lovely" and it seems insincere. I doubt you meant it that way but it almost sounds dismissive. Maybe you're thinking ahead to the next question or something but it sounds like you just automatically say lovely at the conclusion of an answer. It might be more interesting with a few follow up questions interspersed to demonstrate that you are listening and to get more info when the interviewee tells an interesting story.

Again, really nice video and I'm sure musicians will really appreciate the opportunity.

jazzyisme

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
thanks for the constructive crit! unless I made it louder in edit and re upload there isn't much i can do about sound! but i will next time! I see what you mean about the lovlys i will work on that too! I'm kicking my self for not asking for the full arest story... didn't want to be cheeky!

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yes that's what I meant to say, if you could boost the volume for future videos.

By the way I liked your Joe Driscoll interview too. We post stuff from him on Live Loopers(facebook) from time to time. We'll post your interview this weekend if that's okay.

jazzyisme

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
yea sure that would be great! have you heard of MC xander? he is a great live looper and ace persone !

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
yea sure that would be great! have you heard of MC xander? he is a great live looper and ace persone !
Yes. He's the person that most inspired me to get a loop station I'd say. I saw a video of him doing "Sick of the Lies" and I thought to myself... I've got to try to perform my stuff like that if I can.

jazzyisme

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
that is one of my favorite songs too! you hear bunty ? jamie woon used to be all loops but now does more live band and tune-yards!

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
No these are mostly new to me. But they are great! Checking them out now. Thanks for the tips.