Internet hanged while uploading a video

bbgun

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I was recently uploading a video which was 3GB in size, and which uploading lasted for around 5-7 hours (I have a really slow upload speed) and when it was near the end (I wasn't looking how much % it was, only that few minutes remained) my internet hanged for whatever reason, and it showed me Unknown error. Even when I know that the video was not done uploading but I checked my channel on my cellphone (through data) and the video is somehow there only private and without title (title is just "Untitled" probably because thats the filename)and without description I wrote before on it.

Now I want to ask you folk, is the video somehow partially uploaded or if its missing something because of the internet disconnecting while being uploaded ?

I know it's a stupid question but I"m just curious how could the video somehow be there even when it was not uploaded, and if I will have to reupload the whole video again ?

Thanks in forward, and sorry about the long post.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you can't view the video on youtube then it's only partially there and you should delete it and start over.

Have you used any codecs on the video to reduce it's size?

bbgun

Reaction score
I can view the video, it's just that it's private (and I can publish it too).

I rendered in MainConcept AVC/AAC in Sony Vegas Pro 13, so I'm not sure.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Sometimes when my internet cuts out when uploading a video I can just fix it and the upload will resume. Granted it'll take twice as long to get it uploaded but it's better then starting over sometimes.

I render out my videos in the same format, MainConcept AVC/AAC (.mp4) in Sony Vegas Pro 13. Although I make sure mine is set at the Internet 1080p setting.
But if I want make my videos smaller I just throw them through the HandBrake (free) video converter with the same settings. I have the K-Lite Codec Pack (Also Free) when converting and rendering out my videos and neither gives me any issues. But you can take a 3GB file and possibly knock it down to 1-2GB depending on the settings.

Hope that helps. =]

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I can view the video, it's just that it's private (and I can publish it too).

I rendered in MainConcept AVC/AAC in Sony Vegas Pro 13, so I'm not sure.
The upload feature actually goes 0 -> 100% twice.

First time is for the upload it self and the second time is when youtube encodes the file.

If your internet hanged on the second 0 -> 100% then you are fine, you can even close the browser after the first 0 -> 100% is done.