International YouTubers

UNOTAKU

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ooh cool! Well I'm born in Canada, my mom's side of the family is born in Uganda, dad's side is born in Fiji, however all of my roots come from India.

So I am an Indian who lives in Canada, ahaha.
Oh that's pretty awesome! :D

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering: who on YTTalk is NOT from an English speaking country? Do you post videos in English, or in your native language?
I'm from the Netherlands and I post in English. I want to reach a broad audience and english is very natural to me.
Also I hate my voice in dutch somehow and I try to hide my dutch accent as much as I can.

Bdkma95

Reaction score
I'm from Paris France but I make all my videos in English so it can reach a wider crowd! It's easier for everyone and fun and stimulating for me! Best of both worlds :)

FrankDoorhof

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
Im Dutch but 99.9% of my channel is English
Most Dutch people speak English and my target is worldwide so English is the best choice I think ;)

It's sometimes weird to do the vlog in English around people but that's something you grow over very fast ;)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im from Denmark but I do my videos in English to reach out to a bigger audience

GhostRSA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm from South Africa. My native language is Afrikaans, much like Dutch just a bit more weird.:giggle: I do my videos in English.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I am from (and still live in) Italy, and upload content in english, although there may be some instances I will subtitle spoken italian

danyatm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm Danya TM :) I'm from Russia! Five years ago I did not know the Russian language in my family spoke only Arabic and English .After As in Libya the war I came to Russia at home my mom.My content in Russian language Maybe in the future I would make content in English but now it makes no sense.My channel is very helpful to me, I'm trying to find myself :)

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm from Finland and I've done both native and English. My original idea was to do 50% Finnish 50% English as that was the way my life was at the time (I'm a daily vlogger). However, since doing subtitles was a pain and most views were local, I switched to Finnish after maybe 10 videos.

However, I made some "broader topic" videos like reviews on boring days in English, and one of the videos picked up steam, so I switched to English. Vlogged in English for almost a year until I noticed my vlogs were still mainly getting views from Finland, so I switched back to Finnish.

But then I lost quite a few subscribers who didn't like me using Finnish. As I've also felt more at home speaking English I settled with English once and for all at the start of this year.

I get excited easily and speak really fast, and I've noticed that when I speak in English it slows me down just a tiny bit enough to make it more watchable. However, I kicked of a travel channel in Finnish few weeks ago (even when vlogging in English I also shot Finnish footage on trips) since my mom likes to watch my travel videos and her english is bad. :oops:

RuztYDK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
im from Denmark, and I speak english in my videos.. Its not always easy, because some of us danes have an really heavy accent :D