Interacting with viewers?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've actually started just posting questions in the comments haha. It seems to work too as people never usually respond to my description/video based call outs.
Actually, I never thought of that! I think I'll start doing that too, if I ask a Q in the video I'll post it in the comments too, thanks!

u2bGamer

Reaction score
I perfer not to interact with the viewers. Making videos consumes too much time and conversing with them is like procrastinating. If the comment is negative or time consuming, also since I rarely get comments, I shadow ban them.

I don't ask what they like to see, I just upload and see what will happen.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I perfer not to interact with the viewers. Making videos consumes too much time and conversing with them is like procrastinating. If the comment is negative or time consuming, also since I rarely get comments, I shadow ban them.

I don't ask what they like to see, I just upload and see what will happen.
But interaction+Comments are the best thing!
Well, for me anyway, my favourite thing is building a community on my channel (which... hasn't made much progress yet) but talking to people in the comments makes me happy (;

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I always leave the first comment with a question. When the video of me ends, it reveals a "comment below" too (image below). I'm not sure how effective it is, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Attachments

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Do any of you ask your viewers questions in your videos, like 'What was your favourite, let me know in the comments!' or something slightly more interesting, if so, when and how do you ask for comments?
Also, do any of you do the 'poll' thing in the cards?
I like the idea of asking viewers questions but think that you need to already have a fairly active comments section for it to be successful. Up until a couple of months ago I just didn't get enough people commenting on my videos, but I might give it a try now.
I do think that you need to keep on top of replying to comments if you want a lively interaction with your viewers. I made a big effort with this and am seeing the results now as each video I upload generates discussion.
With regards to the "Poll thing in the cards"...Yes, I saw that too but am not really sure how to use it. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Viewer interaction is non existent on my channel sadly yet as I don't get any comments, and asking in videos doesn't seem to help. Still only getting around 2 comments a month. What can fix this?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Viewer interaction is non existent on my channel sadly yet as I don't get any comments, and asking in videos doesn't seem to help. Still only getting around 2 comments a month. What can fix this?
Honestly getting comments is pretty hard, you either need to make a bold statement, say something relatable, ask a question or have an active audience in the first place to get comments, I don't get many comments apart from on my more popular videos and those videos are usually more of a 'sit down and talk' type video, a haul or something similar so that sparks more questions
different types of videos just attract more comments naturally, you can't really force it, which sucks but tats just how it works!
Any time someone comments make sure to comment back or start a conversation when you can, this encourages other people to comment too!

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly getting comments is pretty hard, you either need to make a bold statement, say something relatable, ask a question or have an active audience in the first place to get comments, I don't get many comments apart from on my more popular videos and those videos are usually more of a 'sit down and talk' type video, a haul or something similar so that sparks more questions
different types of videos just attract more comments naturally, you can't really force it, which sucks but tats just how it works!
Any time someone comments make sure to comment back or start a conversation when you can, this encourages other people to comment too!
Yeah it is hard and that active community part is probably main reason none of the videos I do, even discussion enticing ones get any comments.

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually try to respond to their comments if it's something that I can respond to. There's usually not much questions either so I've still got to wait a bit before I can really answer questions I guess.

On topic-based videos I usually ask viewers to say what they think below and sometimes it leads to some good discussion!

Although honestly, I do want to learn how to engage and attract an audience better tho haha. Can't do one without the other!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Although honestly, I do want to learn how to engage and attract an audience better tho haha. Can't do one without the other!
Thats the tricky thing really isn't it! You need an audience to engage with, but you need to engage with an audience to encourage an audience... if that makes any sense hahaha